[PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
jh32

Re: [PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Post by jh32 » 22 Oct 2013, 02:19

Hello:
I feel I am getting close to finding an answer.
I need assistance in installing "guessit" on a system that has both python v2.x & v3.3 (the default) installed
...python is a symlink to python3.3
...python2 a symlink to python2.7

Q1:
"VideoSort" script requires python2.x, but what does "guessit" require?
Must "guessit" be installed under the python2.x dir tree, or can it be installed under v3.3 dir tree?

Q2:
Not sure how to install "guessit" correctly. Which one of the following methods do I use?
Do I manually copy over "guessit" files provided by VideoSort-4.0.zip to
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/guessit/
Or: Must I enter one of these commands to install guessit?

Code: Select all

$ python2 setup.py quessit
$ python setup.py guessit
$ pip2 setup.py guessit
$ pip guessit

Q3:
Do I also need to change the 1st line of setup.py to: #!/usr/bin/python2 env

Q4:
When you stated In the changelog for VideoSort-4.0 that you "updated guessit-libraries to the newest release"
Did you mean v.0.6.1 -or- 0.7d.dev0 -or- some other version that only works with python2.x?

Any insight/help would be appreciated
Thank you for your time
Cheers

EDIT:
hugbug: Thank you for responding so quickly with your answer below this post. So simple. Over thought it.
Again, thanks for the taking the time to help.
Last edited by jh32 on 22 Oct 2013, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 22 Oct 2013, 05:42

Unpack videosort into ppscripts-dir of nzbget. Then open VideoSort.py in a texteditor and change python to python2 in the first line of the file. Nothing else should be required.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 22 Oct 2013, 07:29

deoneR wrote: Is it possible to keep the .nfo file in the orginal filename + the renamed video file?
i'm using Deletesamples with Videosort and can't seem to find a way doing this :roll:
nfo-files can be kept if option SatelliteExtensions includes ".nfo". Nfo-files will be renamed like video-files they belong to.

There is one catch - if nfo-file does not have the same name as video file, it will not be renamed/moved. This seems to be not so rare case and I need to improve this. But even after that nfo-files will be renamed. This make sense because the destination folder usually contains many video files and renaming them as video files makes them easier to find.

Why do you need nfo in original name?

bowi1612

Post by bowi1612 » 22 Oct 2013, 18:11

hugbug wrote:
deoneR wrote: Is it possible to keep the .nfo file in the orginal filename + the renamed video file?
i'm using Deletesamples with Videosort and can't seem to find a way doing this :roll:
nfo-files can be kept if option SatelliteExtensions includes ".nfo". Nfo-files will be renamed like video-files they belong to.

There is one catch - if nfo-file does not have the same name as video file, it will not be renamed/moved. This seems to be not so rare case and I need to improve this. But even after that nfo-files will be renamed. This make sense because the destination folder usually contains many video files and renaming them as video files makes them easier to find.

I don't have a problem with the .nfo files. But I think my problem is related to what you said here.

The way I've got it set up now is when I download an episode I have Subliminal grab subtitles for it and then VideoSort kicks in to move the whole thing. I do have .srt set as a SatelliteExtension, but VideoSort removes the .srt files each time.
Am I just doing something wrong or is what I am trying to do not possible?

Thanks in advance.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 22 Oct 2013, 20:55

srt-files should be moved along with video-file, that's the purpose of option SatelliteExtensions. And using Subliminal pp-script before VideoSort is the intended way to use both scripts together.
Your config seems to be correct, then it must be a bug in VideoSort.
Please activate option Verbose in VideoSort and option Debug in Subliminal, then use pp-script EMail to catch all post-processing. When the problem with deleted subtitles happen again, send me the log from EMail-script at nzbget@gmail.com. And also send nzbget.conf (remove passwords) for me to check config options of both scripts.

deoneR

Post by deoneR » 22 Oct 2013, 21:30

hugbug wrote:

ok i will try this
keeping the original filename at the nfo seemed like a nice way for me the know the actual release name of the movie but the nfo will do just fine

thank you for the instructions

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 22 Oct 2013, 21:42

deoneR wrote:keeping the original filename at the nfo seemed like a nice way for me the know the actual release name of the movie but the nfo will do just fine
You may consider using specifier %fn, which inserts original file name. For example something like "%sn-S%0sE%0e-(%fn)" will produce name like:

Code: Select all

Dexter-S08E08-(Dexter.S08E08.Are.We.There.Yet.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS).mkv
There is also %dn for directory name (nzb-name), which should work better for obfuscated file names.

bowi1612

Post by bowi1612 » 23 Oct 2013, 18:11

hugbug wrote:srt-files should be moved along with video-file, that's the purpose of option SatelliteExtensions. And using Subliminal pp-script before VideoSort is the intended way to use both scripts together.
Your config seems to be correct, then it must be a bug in VideoSort.
Please activate option Verbose in VideoSort and option Debug in Subliminal, then use pp-script EMail to catch all post-processing. When the problem with deleted subtitles happen again, send me the log from EMail-script at nzbget@gmail.com. And also send nzbget.conf (remove passwords) for me to check config options of both scripts.
I was able to recreate the problem and get a log of it. I sent you two e-mails (because I forgot the attach the files in the first) containing the log and my config.
I hope I have supplied you with enough information to figure out what has been going wrong.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 23 Oct 2013, 19:31

Looks like VideoSort doesn't work well with Subliminal if option Multi is active in Subliminal. This option causes adding language abbreviation (en, nl, etc.) to subtitle file name but VideoSort moves only satellites with exactly same names as video file.

I'll try to fix this in future VideoSort versions. In the meantime you can disable option Multi in Subliminal.

bowi1612

Post by bowi1612 » 23 Oct 2013, 20:09

hugbug wrote:Looks like VideoSort doesn't work well with Subliminal if option Multi is active in Subliminal. This option causes adding language abbreviation (en, nl, etc.) to subtitle file name but VideoSort moves only satellites with exactly same names as video file.

I'll try to fix this in future VideoSort versions. In the meantime you can disable option Multi in Subliminal.
Thanks for the quick reply. And you are right when only downloading one subtitle it doesn't remove the file.
Also I am glad to hear you are going to fix this, and I look forward to the version where it is fixed.