Convert old post-processing script for new nzbget

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
Arxmage

Convert old post-processing script for new nzbget

Post by Arxmage » 27 Jul 2013, 16:17

Hey guys,

first of all I want to say a big thank you to everybody that made nzbget possible. Your constant improvement of nzbget is remarkable and the new webinterface blew me away. So much, in fact, that I finally got to donating for this awesome piece of work.
Sadly, I had to find out that the fantastic post-processing script I used for the old version won't work with the new version. I have no clue how to write these scripts and thus don't know how to convert them, but would like to ask you guys if it would be possible for one of you to do this. I can't ask the author of the script because I actually don't know who he is.
The great feature of this script that I would love to have available in nzbget v11 is the copying of downloaded series episodes into a separate folder called "new" where they stay for a set amount of days (7 days in my case) then get moved to a folder called "recent" where they stay another set amount of days and then get removed. This gives me the possibility to just check for new files with my mediaplayer via smb without having to search through all the series folders.
Apart from that the script also handled unpacking, par checking (which would be obsolete now, right?) and categorizing into series, movies, music , software etc. ( I could have sickbeard do this).

I posted the unpak.sh http://pastebin.com/ycQgTedd and unpak.cfg http://pastebin.com/cfm2AFdW on paste bin.

It would be extremely kind if somebody could give me this awesome "new" and "recent" feature back for the new nzbget version.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Convert old post-processing script for new nzbget

Post by hugbug » 27 Jul 2013, 21:23

The script is written by Andrew Lord as a part of his oversight project. The unpack scripts can be used independently from oversight. There is an (outdated) discussion thread on NMT forum. The project seems to be not developed anymore.

The reason the script is not shown in script list in nzbget is because it lacks the nzbget pp-script signature, which is required since v11. Adding this signature should make the script selectable and startable in nzbget. See Post-processing scripts.

The script however has checks for nzbget options which no longer exist (LoadPars, etc.) meaning at least this part of script must be updated.

More important is that the script most likely doesn't handle obfuscated rar-files efficiently. Just only because of this reason I would recommend to use nzbget's own unpack and par-check functions. Disabling the unpack/par part of the script requires a deeper understanding of how it works and might be a difficult task.

I recommend to not try to update the script but instead use nzbget's new features (unpack, etc.) and new pp-scripts to accomplish the job, the script has done in older nzbget version.

To sort downloads nzbget has a VideoSort pp-script. However it handles movies and series only (not music or software).

The new/recent feature sounds interesting and could be added to VideoSort (again, for video files only).
I wonder how the script handles the copies: does it really make file copies or uses symlinks/hardlinks, do you know that?

Arxmage

Re: Convert old post-processing script for new nzbget

Post by Arxmage » 28 Jul 2013, 00:25

Wow, thanks for the quick and elaborate answer.
The new and recent feature for series and movies is really all I would need, so incorporating this into videosort sounds like a great idea.
I'm pretty sure the script creates copies, because if I check the file size via samba they have the actual size, plus if I sync these files from the new or recent folder to my tablet I have actual working videos. So from my understanding these are actual copies, right?
I will gladly do everything to help you guys with this if you tell me what you need from me.