[Scan-Script] pfftn (formerly pass-from-file-to-nzbget.py)

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
friendsfan

Re: [Scan-Script] pfftn (formerly pass-from-file-to-nzbget.p

Post by friendsfan » 02 Jul 2016, 18:59

i did install python 2.7 as well as pywin32 (both 32 bit versions).

I pulled Sickbeard via GIT and i call it via "python sickbeard.py" installed as service. But that works, unlike the script for nzbget :D

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 02 Jul 2016, 19:25

Reinstall python and make sure to check insataller option which associate .py files with python executable.
Sometimes even that doesn't help and you would need to add correct association manually by editing of registry.

friendsfan

Post by friendsfan » 02 Jul 2016, 19:56

Did the reinstall as well and wiped the complete python folder afterwards. Where would i check the registry settings exactly?
Screenshot at Juli 02 21-53-33.png
Doesn't this mean, path is good?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 02 Jul 2016, 20:22

No, it doesn't, that's some env. variable.

I'm not on a PC right now to give you a direct tip. Try google for "windows registry file association" or similar.

Kusie

Post by Kusie » 19 Feb 2017, 16:38

Hello,

it seems this script doesn´t work for me, or i´m doing something wrong. Using a pi3 with standard Raspian installation and just successfully installed NZBGET but this script business is new for me. Donwloading in general works, and manually unpacking pw protected downloads as well, but now the automated transfer from the pw in the filename to nzbget.
It seems in the newest version of nzbget the script handling has been changed compared to the original description. There is no section "scanscript" in the "extension scripts" section of settings. I installed and activated pfftn_3x.py (I took this since I checked that I do have the python 2.7 and python 3.4 installation binaries in my pi) but I seems it´s not called at all. Rights are correct.

Any hints on how I can get this to work?
Thanks,
K.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 19 Feb 2017, 16:44

If you use categories and option Extensions of category isn't empty then you should choose that script there too because the global option Extensions is overriden by the one from category.

As test try adding nzbg without category.

Kusie

Post by Kusie » 19 Feb 2017, 16:59

Thanks for the tip but I did/do not use categories in the nbz settings. Here is what I did:
1. downloaded pfftn_3x.py and put it in the correct scripts folder of nzbget
2. set rights and ownerships identical to the scripts already present there (email and logger)
3. Did not change the first line in the python script, left it at #!/usr/bin/env python
4. restarted nzgbet and checked that pfftn_3x.py is visible on the left side
5. Activated script in "extensions" section of "extension scripts" menu
Tried if it works with a NZB file that looked like moviename{{pw}}.nzb
-> Files are donwloaded and checked, but not automatically unrared, because of missing password. Dad to manually enter pw and postprocess again.

Should the script execution be visible in the log? Should I try python 2.7 version of script?!?

Thanks,
K.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 19 Feb 2017, 17:04

The script execution must be logged. Repeat the test but pause downloading first as we only need to see if the script was executed. Before testing clear messages on log tab.
Post log messages after the test.

Kusie

Post by Kusie » 19 Feb 2017, 19:43

OK problem solved. It seems only the 2.7 Version works, changed the script to the 2.7 version and it worked immediately. Thanks for the support.
K.

WyldWolf

Re: [Scan-Script] pfftn (formerly pass-from-file-to-nzbget.py)

Post by WyldWolf » 21 Oct 2017, 00:30

Hi!

Now after really looking at the regex for pfftn, it looks like it ONLY gets the password from WITHIN the NZB filename, whereas I thought the point was to get it from the FILENAME so maybe I misunderstood when it says "from filename".

This seems so common yet nothing I can find seems to be able to do it - just try a RAR file password using ITSELF as the password for post-processing.

So "test123.rar" the password is "test123".

Am I wrong, or is this not the script to do this and if not, how could I? TIA!