MCTS: Android/iOS app

Share your apps, plugins, etc.
farfromrefuge

MCTS: Android/iOS app

Post by farfromrefuge » 14 Feb 2014, 17:03

Hi everyone.

For the past couple of months i have been working on a new app for iOS and Android.
It's called MCTS for Media Center ToolSmith.
It s a modular application which allows you to control web services running on your NAS.
The idea was to have the exact same feeling as you have in the webui so that you feel at home :P
For now the app supports NZBGet and CouchPotato Server. In the future i will add SickBeard and maybe more if asked to do so.

Here is a video of it running . It is a technical video i made because that app uses a open-source cross-platform framework i am developing on.
http://youtu.be/iI5DMQ7Mj4g
If some people are interested i can share beta versions of it.

I am dying to know what you think of it.

Thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: MCTS: Android/iOS app

Post by hugbug » 14 Feb 2014, 21:31

That's great.

I understand the idea of using the similar colors and icons as in the stock webui of the programs but I must say I do like the CouchPotato part of your app much more than the NZBGet's one. That probably means the original webui of NZBGet sucks comparing to CouchPotato's webui :lol:

I like the framework. Do you plan to release the app as open source too? Because it may be difficult to put the app into AppStore - apple doesn't like nzb apps. The recent removing of NZB 360 from Play Store shows that google doesn't like them either.

Thanks for the app.

farfromrefuge

Post by farfromrefuge » 14 Feb 2014, 21:47

I agree with the CP ui is awesome :D

As for NZBGet i had to make some choices because of the differences between a mobile app and a webui (still tried to to fit the mobile webui of NZBGet).
If users want a different UI it should be pretty easy to change.

As for the open source part, i have been thinking a lot about it, but i don't think i will be able to share it. Not that i don't want to, my fork of the framework is already totally open source. But the app is coded using my methodology/way of coding. And that is the only thing i can/must protect.
I am an application developer and i think that anyone can do what i did, the only thing differencing us is the way we do it. I have to protect it a little bit.

You are right the app wont get on the apple appstore, at least i hope it will get on the android market (hope i am not wrong). And i will put it freely on Cydia as soon as i am finished. I just need an icon design, and well i am not a designer :P

Thanks for your support

maxrogers

Post by maxrogers » 27 Apr 2014, 05:21

Just curious if you are still working on this. It looks great!

farfromrefuge

Post by farfromrefuge » 27 Apr 2014, 10:40

@maxrogers: Yes i am still working on this. Though as i am going to have to release it on cydia, i am fighting to get a jailbroken phone again :s It s really tough those days. Should be good during next week
If you want though i can send you a beta. Send me a private message with the platform you are on. I'll invite you ;)

Keep in mind that it will support the very last CouchPotato (dev branch). They are refactoring a lot of things! Right now my app is broken with the current master of CPS.

PS: i have decided not to add Sickbeard in the future, it will be nzbdrone!

yeehaa

Post by yeehaa » 28 Apr 2014, 13:00

farfromrefuge wrote:@maxrogers: Yes i am still working on this. Though as i am going to have to release it on cydia, i am fighting to get a jailbroken phone again :s It s really tough those days. Should be good during next week
If you want though i can send you a beta. Send me a private message with the platform you are on. I'll invite you ;)

Keep in mind that it will support the very last CouchPotato (dev branch). They are refactoring a lot of things! Right now my app is broken with the current master of CPS.

PS: i have decided not to add Sickbeard in the future, it will be nzbdrone!
thats unfortunate that you decided against sickbeard.. more things to support: transmission, pyload.. :)

thanks for your effort. keep up the good work..

also about nzb360 and play store.. i think they pulled it because nzb360 had a bunch of screenshots of various movies etc which may have caused it.. i have seen it happen for other apps which showed movie covers, tv fanart etc.. there are other nzb apps on playstore which are still going strong..

akuirazkupe

Post by akuirazkupe » 08 Oct 2014, 04:08

I would love to beta test your app! I am running android 4.4.2...

pducharme

Post by pducharme » 26 Oct 2014, 23:37

I would like to beta-test on iOS !

farfromrefuge

Post by farfromrefuge » 30 Oct 2014, 14:57

Ok i will very soon put the android apk on my website. Now about the iOS version things are more complicated.
Clearly my app won't get on the appstore. So cydia might be the solution, but i am afraid of Apple revoking my dev account, which i really need ;)
Still looking for a good solution. Will let you know

CBers

Post by CBers » 30 Oct 2014, 19:42

Just watched your video - looks good.

Happy to beta test for Android.