Page 2 of 2

Re: [Firefox] nzbFox 1.3.0 - Control & Monitor NZBGet from F

Posted: 27 Oct 2014, 08:05
by Enesce
Version 1.3.0 is now available!

Added: Notification popup for started & finished downloads
Added: Options for refresh frequency
Added: Option for connection timeout to remote download client
Added: Activity indicator during API calls
Fixed: Improvements to refresh timers
Fixed: Initial API requests sometimes fail on Firefox startup
Fixed: Progress widget highlight height was smaller than icon main height
Fixed: Outline being displayed on tabs

Any reviews on the Firefox addons webpage would be appreciated, as it helps with the addon approval process

Re: [Firefox] nzbFox 1.3.2 - Control & Monitor NZBGet from F

Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 09:09
by zurdar
Hi @Enesce,

It looks like this addon has been removed from Mozilla Addons page. Is there any possibility to find it somewhere else?

Re: [Firefox] nzbFox 1.3.2 - Control & Monitor NZBGet from F

Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 09:14
by Enesce
zurdar wrote:Hi @Enesce,

It looks like this addon has been removed from Mozilla Addons page. Is there any possibility to find it somewhere else?
It is back up now, it was temporarily unavailable because of the review process.

Re: [Firefox] nzbFox 1.3.2 - Control & Monitor NZBGet from F

Posted: 27 Nov 2014, 09:21
by picardtux
hello Enesce.

I use nzbget on a server and manage nzbget by a web server proxy, so it was not possible for me to test your app.

I miss two things
1. NZBGet behind web server
2. webserver auth



greeting
pic

Re: [Firefox] nzbFox 1.3.2 - Control & Monitor NZBGet from F

Posted: 27 Nov 2014, 09:25
by Enesce
picardtux wrote:I use nzbget on a server and manage nzbget by a web server proxy, so it was not possible for me to test your app.
It will work fine if you enter the correct URL in the settings. Include your login details in the 'NZBGet URL' field. For example

Code: Select all

https://username:password@www.mydomain.com/nzbget/

Re: [Firefox] nzbFox 1.3.2 - Control & Monitor NZBGet from F

Posted: 05 Dec 2014, 16:05
by n2k
Hey I'm interested in using this, but I can't since Firefox v28 isn't supported.
I tried unpacking the xpi, lowering the minimum version, repacking it as xpi, and drag&dropping it into firefox to install it, this however didn't work (no GUI buttons were showing up).
Is there any particular reason it requires v29?

Re: [Firefox] nzbFox 1.3.2 - Control & Monitor NZBGet from F

Posted: 05 Dec 2014, 16:32
by Enesce
n2k wrote:Hey I'm interested in using this, but I can't since Firefox v28 isn't supported.
I tried unpacking the xpi, lowering the minimum version, repacking it as xpi, and drag&dropping it into firefox to install it, this however didn't work (no GUI buttons were showing up).
Is there any particular reason it requires v29?
Basically it's because 28 is too old and radically different from modern Firefox. Firefox had a large UI overhaul in v29 called 'Australis', and nzbFox was made after its release. So nzbFox takes advantage of the modern UI features, whilst v28 does not have any of the required helper functions for the popup panel or toolbar button. If you open up the error console you'll see it flooded with errors about UI components missing.
You can find more advanced details on the difference between 28->29 on the Mozilla blog @ https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2014/04 ... irefox-29/