NZBGetConnect for Safari

Share your apps, plugins, etc.
BreeeZe

NZBGetConnect for Safari

Post by BreeeZe » 09 Mar 2015, 20:55

Hi All,

I used to use SABNzbd on my Synology NAS but recently switched to NZBGet and I am really enjoying the experience :)
Sometimes I use nzbindex.nl or binsearch.info to find/create nzb's and used the SABConnect plugin for Safari on OSX to send the nzb's to my Synology directly. ( http://www.kalenhansen.com/?page_id=78 )
This extension, ofcourse, is not compatible with NZBGet and I couldn't find a similar extension for NZBGet, so I decided to port the SABConnect plugin :D

After some initial issues ( http://nzbget.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1845 ) I got everything working and here is the first release of NZBGetConnect for Safari : https://github.com/BreeeZe/NZBGetConnect/releases
I hope someone else finds this useful and any feedback is appreciated and note that I only tested this plugin on binsearch.info and nzbindex.nl

@HugBug, thanks for creating NZBGet and helping with the api issue :)

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: NZBGetConnect for Safari

Post by hugbug » 10 Mar 2015, 08:59

Great, thank you.

I've noticed the downloads from binsearch.info have numerical names. Can this be better handled?

BreeeZe

Post by BreeeZe » 10 Mar 2015, 20:26

hugbug wrote:Great, thank you.

I've noticed the downloads from binsearch.info have numerical names. Can this be better handled?
Thanks for your feedback :)

I rewrote the binsearch.info code and it now adds the name to the queue.
It also places a blue image in front of the download to indicate it is sent, and a green one if nzbget accepts it.

Safari should indicate that a new version is available (or update it automatically if you enabled auto update)

When sending the nzbName to the API I had to filter out all " / " and " \ " or else it would split the string at the last instance and add only the text after that, this looks like a bug in the api?
So if I send: testing - [0/1] - "1024MByte.nzb" yEnc (1/1)
it names the download: 1)
(I'm running v14.1 on my synology b.t.w.)

Edit:
I found out why it does that, in ''Downloadinfo.cpp -> NZBInfo::MakeNiceNZBName" if the filename is set it tries to clean it up (using Util::BaseFileName) and if there are "/" or "\" in the name they are seen as part of a file path.
So If I would send : "blah/blah (blah\blah)" it thinks the last part "blah)" is a filename and the first part is part of a path and can be discarded.

meatball

Post by meatball » 04 May 2015, 03:35

Thanks a lot for the efforts on this.

I'm running across a strange issue. I can't get the extension into the menubar.
Safari shows it as being installed in extensions, however it doesn't populate the menubar, nor is it available when I "customize toolbar".

I've installed the bundle as is, added the code through the develop menu and installed it that way- as well as add the code and create my own bundle, install- all the same result. Nothing.

Have you run across this or heard of this issue before?

Thanks again.

BreeeZe

Post by BreeeZe » 12 May 2015, 18:55

meatball wrote:Thanks a lot for the efforts on this.

I'm running across a strange issue. I can't get the extension into the menubar.
Safari shows it as being installed in extensions, however it doesn't populate the menubar, nor is it available when I "customize toolbar".

I've installed the bundle as is, added the code through the develop menu and installed it that way- as well as add the code and create my own bundle, install- all the same result. Nothing.

Have you run across this or heard of this issue before?

Thanks again.
Hi, bit of delayed reply:

I think you may understand this plugin wrong, there are no toolbar buttons or context menu's or anything like that involved.
The plugin detects for instance that you are on 'www.nzbindex.nl" scans the webpage for links to nzb's and injects a button to download the nzb to nzbget in the page itself.
So not only do you then see a normal button to download on the page, but now also an extra button to "send to nzbget", which sends the link to nzbget.

hope this helps.

meatball

Post by meatball » 01 Jun 2015, 02:28

Hey very sorry for the delayed response.
Thanks a lot for the explanation. A recent safari convert but still a little embarrassed I had to ask.
works exactly as described, awesome.

swtor

Post by swtor » 10 Dec 2016, 10:25

Hi

I recently downloaded this extension but it seems it does not work. Is this project abandoned?

Edit: only the download button does not work, clicking the small icon under the release works.