[PP-Script / Scan-Script] Automatically Fetch Subtitles

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
Ayla

Re: [PP-Script / Scan-Script] Automatically Fetch Subtitles

Post by Ayla » 07 Nov 2015, 17:33

l2g wrote:Ayla,

Good find!

It appears newer versions of Python have dropped support for SSL v3 (which is a good thing really since it's so easily exploited). I upgraded urllib3 (a dependent package of Subliminal.py) which already looks after handling this.

It works for me (but it always works for the developer; you know how it goes...). Soo... If you wouldn't mind downloading a copy from the master branch and testing this out for me, I'd be very much appreciative of it!

Quick Link to Master Version (download).
Wow, thanks a lot for the quick help and updates! :)

I just did a git pull and it seems to be working now, I will enable nzbget-subliminal again and watch how it goes.

Do you know if the download status in NZBGet will be Failed or PP-Failed if subliminal doesn't find a subtitle?

When the script wasn't working today, that was the case, which is a bother since sonarr/couchpotato will mark the downloads as failed then.

Thanks again!

l2g

Post by l2g » 07 Nov 2015, 17:39

If a Subliminal is successful, then it'll return a Success message, otherwise it returns a "no change" (both are acceptable and won't interrupt the rest of your post processing).

However, prior to this download/update, you were getting neither because you were suffering a hard crash and thus returning a Failure. The Failure messages should no longer occur and won't interfere with the rest of your actions.

Sorry about that and thanks for bringing the bug to my attention. I'm glad it works for you.

Ayla

Post by Ayla » 07 Nov 2015, 18:55

l2g wrote:If a Subliminal is successful, then it'll return a Success message, otherwise it returns a "no change" (both are acceptable and won't interrupt the rest of your post processing).

However, prior to this download/update, you were getting neither because you were suffering a hard crash and thus returning a Failure. The Failure messages should no longer occur and won't interfere with the rest of your actions.

Sorry about that and thanks for bringing the bug to my attention. I'm glad it works for you.
Thanks a lot for explaining it, I understand the process now.

And please don't apologize, you are spending your time on this, for free, so it's all very appreciated!

l2g

Post by l2g » 07 Feb 2016, 00:48

Release v0.9.8 (Direct Download Link) in place.

The release details can be found at the head of this thread (quick link).

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 07 Feb 2016, 17:05

l2g wrote:Release v0.9.8 (Direct Download Link) in place.

The release details can be found at the head of this thread (quick link).
sorry, ill be testing it again ;-), but the package size has increased significantly?

l2g

Post by l2g » 08 Feb 2016, 13:26

kloaknet wrote:... the package size has increased significantly?
Yeah, chared is pretty big; it's the new way I'm doing the encoding detection. I fall back to the old way if it fails (chardet). You can read the story and reasoning behind it here.

In short, "chared" is bigger (in filesize), but because it also takes in a variable of the language the file is expected to be in to help it with it's detection process, as a result it's MUCH more accurate (because knowing the language eliminates the need to test against other encodings unrelated). I built it into the subliminal core too for those who don't like my program but just like using their own fork of subliminal (whether it be for xbmc, etc) here. If someone wanted too, it wouldn't take much effort to merge this into the latest version of subliminal either; here is the actual commit.

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 11 Feb 2016, 09:57

Little update, the show The Flash (2014) (4616) is IDed as The Flash (545) (using only addic7ed, as podnapisi adds ads in their subs / random texts)

YurikaZe

Post by YurikaZe » 16 Feb 2016, 00:56

Hi all,

I've made sure both subliminal folder and subliminal.py by putting them to NZBget\scripts directory.
Python 2.7 is installed on win10 machine. Using NZBget 16.4.

The thing is I cant configure NZBGet all. There's no settings to click in NZBGet's settings page. There's no option on the left hand side that appears to hint anything that's from Subliminal.

Tried restarting NZBGet after the subliminal folders and in scripts directory but still no luck.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

l2g

Post by l2g » 16 Feb 2016, 03:39

YurikaZe wrote:Tried restarting NZBGet after the subliminal folders and in scripts directory but still no luck.
I could be wrong but it sounds like you're not looking for the configuration in the right place (based on what you've set, you've done everything perfectly).

YurikaZe: After you get it (NZBGet) going, have you tried just visiting http://127.0.0.0.1:6789 with your web browser? That should bring up NZBGet's interface. You can access the configuration through settings (top right). This is more of a how-to question to ask in the Support section of this forum. But perhaps I've misinterpreted your situation? It sounds like you set everything else up right an place the script (and directory) in the right spot.

kloaknet: I haven't touched how subs are handled in this last release; so this bug you found will most likely be present in the previous releases too. It's tough to say if it's a bug or not since it really depends on the naming of the video file you check against. If you don't have the year identified in 'The Flash' content (ie 'The Flash (2014)'), it can get mixed up with the earlier release of it. Most other releases don't have this problem because they don't share release names with one from the past. If it's just 1 sub and not a series of them, then it's also tough to say if this is more of an anomaly or if there is a pattern to the madness. Does this happen with other subs too? Or only The Flash? If there is no pattern to the strangeness, it's tough cookie to crack. But I'm open to any suggestions you or anyone else has too! :D

YurikaZe

Post by YurikaZe » 16 Feb 2016, 04:02

@l2g

Thank you for your prompt reply. NZBGet is open in Web interface and I'm at the settings page (top right corner) but totally nothing in settings page with regard to subliminal at all. There's also a search function in NZBGet and I tried subliminal as key word but nothing came up.

I would be able to follow the configuration stated a few pages back if subliminal is up at all. The funny thing is its not even there for me to start. :(

Appreciate you helping. Thanks