[Scan-Script] pfftn (formerly pass-from-file-to-nzbget.py)

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [Scan-Script] pfftn (formerly pass-from-file-to-nzbget.p

Post by hugbug » 24 Nov 2015, 08:42

There are three possibly reasons for script not showing up on the left side of settings page:
  • the script isn't in the ScriptDir or isn't readable by NZBGet (no read permission);
  • the script is damaged or wasn't written for NZBGet - the script signature wasn't found;
  • NZBGet wasn't reloaded after putting the script into ScriptDir.
The first line of the script (shebang) isn't relevant yet (but it will be later, when NZBGet will execute the script).

HenryCo

Post by HenryCo » 24 Nov 2015, 19:12

hugbug wrote:There are three possibly reasons for script not showing up on the left side of settings page:
  • the script isn't in the ScriptDir or isn't readable by NZBGet (no read permission);
  • the script is damaged or wasn't written for NZBGet - the script signature wasn't found;
  • NZBGet wasn't reloaded after putting the script into ScriptDir.
The first line of the script (shebang) isn't relevant yet (but it will be later, when NZBGet will execute the script).
THX for your informations. Lets look step-by-step:
NZBGet config (Settings->PATH) itself say its the following folder:
/i-data/a8f545e5/.PKG/NZBGet/bin/scripts
The content and permissions are:

Code: Select all

/ # ls -l -A /i-data/a8f545e5/.PKG/NZBGet/bin/scripts
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          9423 Mar 25  2015 EMail.py
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          3693 Mar 25  2015 Logger.py
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          3586 Nov 23 14:05 pass-from-file-to-nzbget2.6.py
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          2919 Nov 23 14:09 pfftn_2x.py
Yes, I also try your other script "pass-from-file-to-nzbget2.6.py".
I think this should be not the problem. :D Or???
My NZBGet version is 14.1 but it's a Zyxel NAS package.
  • NZBGet wasn't reloaded after putting the script into ScriptDir.;
I allways did that. You write this in your first post.

I try to change the scritDir now, perhaps it helps.
Also I try to ingnore the shebang and put your script directly into the scritDir. I not show-up and alos no error in NZBGet I try to "chmod 0777 THE-SCRIPT" or is "chmod a+x THE-SCRIPT" better?

Greetings by HenryCo

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 24 Nov 2015, 19:52

the script is damaged or wasn't written for NZBGet - the script signature wasn't found;
I think this should be not the problem.
How can you be so sure? You have edited the script, right? You could have damaged it. Download pfftn_2x.py from the first post (make sure to save it via browser context menu to make sure the script was saved as is). Don't edit the script. Open nzbget settings page. The script should be listed on the left side bar.

HenryCo

Post by HenryCo » 25 Nov 2015, 08:39

hugbug wrote:
the script is damaged or wasn't written for NZBGet - the script signature wasn't found;
I think this should be not the problem.
How can you be so sure? You have edited the script, right? You could have damaged it. Download pfftn_2x.py from the first post (make sure to save it via browser context menu to make sure the script was saved as is). Don't edit the script. Open nzbget settings page. The script should be listed on the left side bar.
THX hugbug.

I had no success but it seems to be a problem with the NZBGet package from Zyxel,for there new NAS540 NAS.
It is not possible to change dir's in Settings->PATH. Also the standard script Logger and E-Mail are not show in the Settings area in the web-interface.
Here are two threds about this topic (only german):
http://www.zyxelforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=9789
http://www.zyxelforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=9691

I look no to change the default config file, there seems to be old paths for script-dir.

Greetings by HenryCo

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Nov 2015, 08:53

Instead of Zyxel package install NZBGet via official Linux installer provided on NZBGet download page. Then everything should work.

HenryCo

Post by HenryCo » 15 Dec 2015, 18:16

hugbug wrote:Instead of Zyxel package install NZBGet via official Linux installer provided on NZBGet download page. Then everything should work.
Uhhh this is great!
It wokrs now :D

The problem was the nzbget packages from the 5.04 FW from zyxel, for the Zyxel NAS540 (also NAS540).
Today they released the 5.10 FW, back to 4k system and so also gives back ffp-support.

Your script works great with the nzbGet v15 package from zyxel.
The shebang is need to use was: !/usr/bin/python

Greetings by HenryCo

wurzel

Post by wurzel » 18 Apr 2016, 16:41

Hi,

that script works great! But I have some files that have random numbers and letters when added via nzbget-chrome. So, if I know the releasename "file{{password}}" but have a different filename like 3298erugh38f.nzb, is there a solution to this problem?

Greetings

HenryCo

Post by HenryCo » 19 Apr 2016, 11:40

wurzel wrote: Is there a solution to this problem?
It is not possible to fix this... In my opinion.

Because the nzb file just hold the the Binary Infos and some more, but not the release. Perhaps I am wrong.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NZB

I would like to ask if an option could be possible to replace spaces with dots:
Relase.name.xvid.-ReleaseGr0up

Greetings by HenryCo

friendsfan

Post by friendsfan » 02 Jul 2016, 18:13

sorry i have to pull this back up. But i was trying to use the script under windows with nzbget 14 without successs. getting the "Could not found associated program for .py. Trying to execute pfftn_2x.py directly" error.

Python itself works (Sickrage running) and i can call the script from a dos box by just typing the name. So i guess all path and such are correct. I also did change the first line to both "c:/python27/python.exe" or "c:/python27". Neither worked.

I'm all out of ideas.

Regards,
friendsfan

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 02 Jul 2016, 18:50

First line doesn't matter on Windows.
You have to install Python 2.x from python home page.
Sick rage works because it probably comes in compiled form and doesn't require python installation (Windows specific, again).