[PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
DeadlyKnapsack

Re: [PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Post by DeadlyKnapsack » 28 Sep 2016, 11:20

Since couple of weeks I am having trouble running VideoSort on my setup:

- Synology DS716+
- DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 2
- NZBGet 16.4-22 van SynoCommunity
- Python
- Python Module
- Python 3

I am getting weird errors:

VideoSort: /usr/bin/env: python : No such file or directory
Post-process-script Videosort/VideoSort.py for [movietitle] failed (terminated with unknown status)

I tried changing the first line of the python script from #!/usr/bin/env python to #!/usr/local/python (because I read it somewhere) and I get the following:

VideoSort: Could not start /usr/local/nzbget/share/nzbget/scripts/Videosort/VideoSort.py: No such file or directory

I can assure you 100% the folder and file is there. Nzbget is the owner and I CHMOD'ed it 755 to be sure. No luck.

Another script, DeleteSamples.py runs perfectly. They are in the same scripts directory.

Any ideas?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 28 Sep 2016, 13:23

DeadlyKnapsack wrote:VideoSort: Could not start /usr/local/nzbget/share/nzbget/scripts/Videosort/VideoSort.py: No such file or directory
The "not found" is related to "/usr/local/python" not to "VideoSort.py".

DeadlyKnapsack

Post by DeadlyKnapsack » 30 Sep 2016, 10:21

hugbug wrote:
DeadlyKnapsack wrote:VideoSort: Could not start /usr/local/nzbget/share/nzbget/scripts/Videosort/VideoSort.py: No such file or directory
The "not found" is related to "/usr/local/python" not to "VideoSort.py".
Yes, I figured as much. But what does it mean? And more importantly, what can I do to solve? The path is exactly the same as in other .py scripts...

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 30 Sep 2016, 10:25

DeadlyKnapsack wrote:The path is exactly the same as in other .py scripts...
If other scripts work then the paths are not the same. Copy the whole first line from a working script. Make sure you use a Unix compatible text editor which doesn't insert Windows line endings.

whisp

Post by whisp » 04 Oct 2016, 20:39

I am running NZBGet as a Docker container. When VideoSort moves a file, it doesn't move it out of the container. Instead of moving it to the directory I want in the main server, it moves it to that directory in the NZBGet container. Is it possible to have it move the file outside of the container? (Sonarr is able to move content from the NZBGet container into the main server).

EDIT: I think I may have to map the /media/Movies/ directory to one inside the container and one outside of it. I'm trying that now.

EDIT2: Yep, that fixed it. I'm leaving this here in case anyone else is having the same problem. If you're using Docker on a Synology box, you will need to map the folders under the 'Volume' section of the container.

dagoob

Post by dagoob » 28 Nov 2016, 05:39

Upgrading guessit on my system (a requirement for more recent versions of flexget) broke this script for me. But the script uses its own guessit lib...

Looks like it's appending the lib dir to the end of the path, rather than adding at the start?

Code: Select all

sys.path.append(dirname(__file__) + '/lib')
as opposed to

Code: Select all

sys.path.insert(0, dirname(__file__) + '/lib')
Which fixed the issue for me.

valkenaer

Post by valkenaer » 19 Jan 2017, 09:34

Hi guys, I am running nzbget 11 on an older NMT (PCH-A300) and I have added the latest version of VideoSort to the ppscripts (as describred on github) but after that, I am unable see or browse VideoSort settings in the znbget interface. What am I doing wrong? :D

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 21 Jan 2017, 11:51

pch installs are known to have 2 script folders, maybe it is put in the wrong folder.

check paths under settings if you did put the script in the correct folder.

valkenaer

Post by valkenaer » 26 Jan 2017, 10:40

Thanks kloaknet, this was driving me crazy. After dropping the VideoSort files in the "other" ppscripts folder, I am able to configure stuff. Sorting does not yet work as I imagined, but I'm getting there. tnx again!

mikemasterss

Post by mikemasterss » 27 Jan 2017, 07:19

Is there a way to manual postprocess files from a folder, which are not listed in nzbget anymore? I would like to videosort some old downloads, which have not been post-processed yet, and bypass nzbget in that case.

Thank you

PS: great effort!