Email option to get Articles (total/completion)

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
Trapperjohn

Email option to get Articles (total/completion)

Post by Trapperjohn » 23 Feb 2017, 20:33

Hi,
1st thing nzbget definitely works great using your program instead of another I was using I find my download speed has increased and my Synology is much more responsive!
I would like to have an option added to info sent by email to include Articles (total/completion) so in the email I can see which servers were used and how much was downloaded from each server for the nzb used without having to login to nzbget just for this info.
Thank you for your help,
Bryan

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Email option to get Articles (total/completion)

Post by hugbug » 23 Feb 2017, 20:44

Run this script - [PP-Script] ServerStatistics - Server completion statistics - before Email-script and you'll have the statics in log messages.

Feel free to combine the scripts if you prefer other formatting.

Trapperjohn

Post by Trapperjohn » 24 Feb 2017, 03:45

Hi,
Got the script to work correctly did some searching figured out in Unix you need to change the owner of the file in this case to nzbget . I was getting a script error after the download. Now it is working correctly. I tried a file but it only needed to download from one server.
If 2 servers for example are used will it tell me how many megs were downloaded from each server?
I did not merge the script starting off slow on this Unix thing ☺
Thank you for your help,
Bryan

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 24 Feb 2017, 05:54

The script gives the same info you see under "Articles (total/completion)". So no, not megs but article percentages.

Trapperjohn

Post by Trapperjohn » 24 Feb 2017, 06:02

Something interesting if in the email script the last option: nzblog always, never, on failure choices. If I choose always I get along email showing everything done right down to each nzb part downloaded if I choose only add to email on error email is alot cleaner to read but now the SERVERSTATISTICS script that we just added does not give its info in email.
Is there a way to get this info in email with having the full log file sent only on error?
Thank you,
Bryan

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 24 Feb 2017, 06:24

That's what I meant with:
Feel free to combine the scripts if you prefer other formatting.
You need to edit the email script and embed the content of the statistics script. Pick a book about Python programming and you'll get it working to your likings ;).