NZBGet stuck downloading and won't finish last few MB..

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
douche

Re: NZBGet stuck downloading and won't finish last few MB..

Post by douche » 18 Jul 2017, 22:54

What ever came of this issue?

I believe I'm having the same problem.

A few downloads recently have stayed 'Downloading' forever, with no network traffic.
I've got one right now showing 5 files remaining with 6MB total left to download out of ~4.75GB
web-client shows it's only tried the articles on the main server, no activity on the backup servers.

It just sits there 'downloading' but seems to do absolutely nothing.
Doesn't look like anything special shows up in logs or messages.

I have to result to forcing downloading tall the par2 files, see if I have enough parts, even with the ~5 files incomplete, if I do, I delete these incomplete files from the download queue, so NZBGet moves on to the repair stage.

regardless, thanks again hugbug for all your work!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 19 Jul 2017, 10:49

Can you please post a screenshot of web-interface on "downloads" and "messages" tabs?

Is logging in options "WarningTarget" and "ErrorTarget" active?

douche

Post by douche » 20 Jul 2017, 04:43

hugbug wrote:
19 Jul 2017, 10:49
Can you please post a screenshot of web-interface on "downloads" and "messages" tabs?

Is logging in options "WarningTarget" and "ErrorTarget" active?
in the log file, the only error showing is this (or rather, the only TYPE of error, as it's repeated a bunch, with different files):

Code: Select all

Tue Jul 18 15:43:17 2017	ERROR	Could not rename file C:\path\to\Downloads\Incomplete\temp\780.131.tmp to C:\path\to\Downloads\Incomplete\temp\780.131: File exists
It might have been getting hung-up on one of my backup servers (even though they all still work, and test successfully), because I just added a new block account, and now the files that were left 'downloading' have completed.

it's weird, it had never even tried any of my backup servers, and now suddenly it is...

I can't explain it, but everything seems to be working now (for the moment, at least)

chilly

Post by chilly » 20 Jul 2017, 08:59

I believe this occurs on my machine too. First I thought it happens because of upgrade to 19.1 but after downgrade to 18.1 the issue still persists. I never had this issue before with 18.1 so I'm still not sure if it's directly problem with nzbget or maybe some update of windows 10 x64.

Sometimes nzbget process crashes and sometimes hangs. The download is stuck and to resume it I have to kill nzbget and start it again. Web management becomes unresponsive. The page cannot be refreshed. Right clicking on icon in tray doesn't work either. Seems almost like some sort of deadlock.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 20 Jul 2017, 09:24

@chilly: about hanging issue. Please install the debug version (from releases section on GitHub), activate debug logging (option DebugTarget=log, DetailTarget=log (or both), etc.). When it hangs create a memory dump using context menu of task manager. Then send me the memory dump and the log-file (both compressed) to nzbget@gmail.com.

For more info please see doc page Crash dump.