[PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
coolhands7

Re: [PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Post by coolhands7 » 19 Aug 2017, 15:58

Kocane wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 19:39
This script is pretty cool but I also use nzbToMedia which it has some trouble working with. I pretty much just need the functionality to rename obfuscated filenames without changing foldernames and what not - can this be done? %dn/%dn.%ext would work well for the most part but sometimes I experience that the nzb has a subfolder within a folder, that contains the videofile. I.e. it'd had to be %dn/%dn/%dn.%ext.

Any possibility for just keeping original folder structure and sticking to renaming the videofile itself?
I would also be very interested in this. Like a lot of people I think, I simply need a way to rename obfuscated filenames that are in varying levels of subfolders. Could someone kindly provide the basic way of doing this, it would be greatly appreciated.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 19 Aug 2017, 16:18

coolhands7 wrote:
19 Aug 2017, 15:58
Like a lot of people I think, I simply need a way to rename obfuscated filenames that are in varying levels of subfolders
You also want rename files but keep directory structure at the same time? Why not let VideoSort create new directory structure to your liking?

coolhands7

Post by coolhands7 » 20 Aug 2017, 15:53

Yes, come to think of it, your absolutely right. It would be better to do it that way ;)

bphillips330

Post by bphillips330 » 06 Sep 2017, 16:15

I have Videosort working now on my system. Question is, How do I run the script on my EXISTING files? I have tried to simply post process the files again (did a search in history nzbget and selected a tv show series) That did not do it.

The Videosort.py file looks like it has to run from within nzbget. Is there a way to run the script on my existing tv and movie folder to save me HOURS of work manually renaming and sorting shows by name,series, episodes etc?

Or is there another script that is like videosort I can run outside of nzbet?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 07 Sep 2017, 13:24

VideSort is designed for use from NZBGet only.

Before "post-process again" you should select the script for that nzb - click on history item, then button "Postprocess".

You can try the following trick to sort other files:
  • download something, without selecting VideoSort for that item;
  • put all files you want to sort into the destination directory of the downloaded item (subdirectories should be OK);
  • open downloaded item in history, click on button "Postprocess" and select VideoSort;
  • use Post-process again for that history item.
VideoSort will sort all files it finds in the destination directory.

This may or may not work properly depending on your VideoSort settings (for example you shouldn't use "%dn" specifier for formatting) and on the grade of obfuscating of file names. Make a test with a few files before doing mass processing.

wayda

Post by wayda » 28 Sep 2017, 04:55

hi all, im running nzbget in windows, i got videosort running as well, however, my problem is videosort always leaves out the episode name, any help is appreciated, thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 28 Sep 2017, 08:38

VideoSort doesn't download any information from the Internet. It takes all info from the file name (and nzb name).

I the episode name included in the original file name (or nzb name)? Because if it's not VideoSort can't guess it.

One exception: if the nzb-file was fetched by NZBGet itself (not put into NzbDir or submitted by other app) via RSS or via "Add URL" field in web-interface, in that case indexers may pass additional data to NZBGet, including episode name, using so called DNZB-Headers of HTPP-response. I know that works with dognzb, can't say about other indexers.

homerflagada

Post by homerflagada » 10 Oct 2017, 19:05

Hi
is it possible to add a rule like this: "%ABC" and "%abc"
I do not want all my movies to be in the same directory.
I would like my movies to be in a directory of the first letter of the name of the movie/release name.
ex:
12 angry men in "0-9" or "0_9" directory
Above the law in "A" ...
Now You See Me in "N" ...
Tomorrow Never Dies in "T" ...
The wall in "T" (option for people who want to keep "the" in the movie name in first)
Spectre in the directory "S" ...
etc ...

is it possible ?
thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 10 Oct 2017, 21:53

Sounds reasonable. The issue is I'm so busy with nzbget that I don't know when I'll find time for VideoSort. A help in form of pull requests is appreciated.

mdex

Post by mdex » 19 Oct 2017, 10:33

Got an issue that seems so simple yet I'm unable to get my head around it. Have been using videosort for around 2 years now without any problems. Recently mad a change to include another script 'NZBgetpostprocess' to normalise all my movies so they're not transcoded via plex.

This has been working fine.

I've now noticed for the past week videosort hasn't been working and files are completing with PP-Failure. Files are downloading, being unpacked and moved to the destination folder. Videosort then fails because it can't find the specified file!?

I have a TV category and the DestDir is e:\TV
Videosort SeriesDir is e:\TV

I don't remember making any changes that should have affected this and I'm sure it's going to be a facepalm moment but any help is greatly appreciated.