[Feature Request] Check 2 volumes for free space

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
desimaniac

[Feature Request] Check 2 volumes for free space

Post by desimaniac » 05 Sep 2017, 04:50

Hi. Would like the ability to have NZBGet check 2 volumes for free space, because I have the downloads go to an SSD drive and then moved to an HDD drive by Sonarr/Radarr.

Currently, NZBGet checks the SSD's free space, but I would like it to also check the HDD free space as well, before Sonarr/Radarr attempts to move stuff there.

Thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Check 2 volumes for free space

Post by hugbug » 05 Sep 2017, 08:37

Check a directory which NZBGet itself doesn't use? Then do what, pause nzbget?

Don't Sonarr/Radarr check free space before moving files? What happen when they can't move? I guess the files remain on SSD and NZBGet will pause when there is not enough space on SSD. Isnt't that what you want actually?

desimaniac

Post by desimaniac » 05 Sep 2017, 15:51

hugbug wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 08:37
Check a directory which NZBGet itself doesn't use? Then do what, pause nzbget?
Yes, exactly.
hugbug wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 08:37
Don't Sonarr/Radarr check free space before moving files? What happen when they can't move? I guess the files remain on SSD and NZBGet will pause when there is not enough space on SSD. Isnt't that what you want actually?

I havent actually tested that before. I have been pausing the downloads myself just to leave at least 10% disk space free on the HDD. But looking at Sonarr's code, they do check for free space (min 100mb - harcoded) before importing. Just worried that 100MB might not be enough for a system to have as free space; they didnt have any way to edit that, so I thought maybe I could have NZBGet check it instead.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 05 Sep 2017, 17:33

Actually nzbget checks two volumes: InterDir and DestDir.
You should let nzbget move the files into your HDD by pointing DestDir to HDD. Then Sonarr/Radarr will move within HDD (just rename).

That will also improve the whole processing time because nzbget will unpack from SSD (InterDir) directly to HDD (DestDir). That's better than unpack from SSD to SSD + move (copy actually) from SSD to HDD.

desimaniac

Post by desimaniac » 06 Sep 2017, 12:21

OK. Thanks for the tip! I'm currently using a docker version of NZBGet but think I may be able to move the InterDir elsewhere. I'll test this out and report back.

Thanks.