Python Launcher

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
kloaknet

Python Launcher

Post by kloaknet » 14 Sep 2017, 12:42

Hi Hugbug,

I installed Python 3, next to Python 2 on my Windows machine. Now it is the case that the scripts don't work anymore, and give this as error:

Code: Select all

Script Subliminal.py with command SubliminalScan failed (terminated with unknown status)
Subliminal: C:\Python27\python.exe: can't open file 'L': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
More info about the launcher: https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows ... or-windows

A lot of googling resulted into finding this: https://www.joshkel.com/2017/05/03/pyth ... launchers/

and maybe explaining the "L" :

Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Python.File\shell\open\command. The Default value should read "C:\WINDOWS\py.exe" "%L" %*.
The above is the case on my machine, but somehow, as the script starts the -2 or -3 is not passed for L? (ie via #! python or #!python3 as the script is started?).

I could be easily something I messed up, as python 2.7 worked just fine before installing 3.6 too. ;)

kloaknet

Re: Python Launcher

Post by kloaknet » 14 Sep 2017, 12:57

ok, i changed the L in the register to 1, and now python 2 scripts runs, while python 3 says

Requested Python version (3) is not installed

(Seems that somehow the installation of python 3 changed the 1 to an L (after some searching on register in these fora it showed that a 1 should be used)

Although python 3 does not seem to start for NZBGet, via cmd doing a py -3, just works and gives me a python 3 version

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 14 Sep 2017, 13:53

When you right click in Windows Explorer on a python file and choose "Open" that's a command used by nzbget to execute the script. Is that a wrong way for nzbget to look for Python executable?

If automatic launching via registry file associations doesn't work properly the easiest fix is to use option ShellOverride in nzbget.

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 14 Sep 2017, 14:33

both files attached work well via right click and open, both give correct versions, without adding anything special. They both run with the register settings on %1 or %L.

NZBGet does not like it with the %L (default after installing the launcher, that is by default included with py3), and with the %1, it gives the above error for python 3. But maybe that something on my end, and I am not that a guru on this stuff :oops:

I ll manage for now with the option with shelloverride.
Attachments
test2.py
(70 Bytes) Downloaded 239 times
test3.py
(71 Bytes) Downloaded 257 times