History auto-purge

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: History auto-purge

Post by hugbug » 09 Jan 2016, 00:07

If you wish more python - how about fixing of few issues in VideoSort? ;)
https://github.com/nzbget/VideoSort/issues

DeadlyKnapsack

Post by DeadlyKnapsack » 25 Aug 2017, 10:01

I copied this script to a .py file, placed it in /scripts/ folder in nzbget and I can see it in nzbget, I can change the settings, but I cannot select it within a specific category. Is that by design? How can I configure it to run after a download is finished for example? I would like to have the history of a specific category to be hidden after the download has finished.

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 25 Aug 2017, 16:55

for testing, maybe use the in nzbget 19 introduced option to create a button on the script settings pages?

extensions scripts can now be executed from settings page (#50):
script authors define custom buttons;
when clicked the script is executed in a special mode and obtain extra parameters;
example script "Email.py" extended with button "Send test e-mail";
for details see Extension scripts: http://nzbget.net/extension-scripts#custom-commands

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Aug 2017, 17:09

This is a scheduler script. To enable it create a scheduler task with "Command=Script" and select the script in "Param" for that task. In the config of the script itself you can set which categories it should process.

Since this is a scheduler script it cleans up history on scheduled intervals, not directly after a download is completed.

cheepa

Post by cheepa » 26 Sep 2017, 17:04

i get a error message when using this script. CleanHistory: env: python2: No such file or directory nzbget. The category that is suppose to be delete is still in history. Im using nzbget 19.1 and on a Mac. I also have CleanHistory.py setup in scheduler. Anyone know why Im getting this error?

thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 26 Sep 2017, 18:19

Check shebang. Make sure you can start the script from terminal before using in nzbget.

cheepa

Post by cheepa » 26 Sep 2017, 21:16

thanks hugbug. How would i run the script from terminal?

thanks

cheepa

Post by cheepa » 01 Oct 2017, 20:04

i was fiddling around with script and just notice i get a error "CleanHistory: ImportError: No module named jsonrpclib", does that error mean i don't have jsonrpclib installed on my computer?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 05 Oct 2017, 15:09

Yes, looks like this.
Example scripts Logger.py and Email.py illustrate how to communicate with nzbget using Xmlrpc module which is included in standard pyhon installation. I wonder why the author of purge script chose jsonrpc instead.

Take a look at Logger.py and replace jsonrpc with xmlrpc.

cheepa

Post by cheepa » 06 Oct 2017, 18:04

I sort of got the script to work. I don't get any errors but instead of deleting from the history tab, the script hides the particular category (when i click on the hidden tab the category reappears as "hidden") and there is no category listed for it. Is that what its suppose to do?

thanks.