NZBGet on Win & NAS | Why the big difference in DL speed?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
works4me

NZBGet on Win & NAS | Why the big difference in DL speed?

Post by works4me » 28 Feb 2018, 10:22

Dear all,

I´m wondering about the following:

I have NZBGet v16.4 installed on my Synology NAS (DS 213; DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4) and don´t come near the DL speed I receive when I use NZBGet v19.1 running on my Win Notebook (i7-4600, 2.10GHz).

DL speed with the win version (file will be stored locally on the SSD) is 14.5MB/s (WiFi connection).
The same file downloaded via the NAS (and directly stored on the NAS) is 5.61 MB/s (Connection: Wifi from Notebook to Router => Router via Ethernet cable to GB switch => from there via Ethernet cable to NAS; cables are all CAT 6).

Not sure if this more a Syno topic or if i can change something on the NZBget settings.
Would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: NZBGet on Win & NAS | Why the big difference in DL speed?

Post by hugbug » 28 Feb 2018, 16:00

During download check CPU usage using top-command in terminal. Is CPU is fully loaded (what is percentage of idle time)? How much CPU time takes nzbget process?

works4me

Re: NZBGet on Win & NAS | Why the big difference in DL speed?

Post by works4me » 01 Mar 2018, 08:34

hugbug wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 16:00
During download check CPU usage using top-command in terminal. Is CPU is fully loaded (what is percentage of idle time)? How much CPU time takes nzbget process?
Thanks for your response.
I just saw it now. Need to have another look if I set the email notification properly.

coming back to your questions: I must admit I don´t know how to get these information. I´m a noob regarding Linux, putty etc.
Can you let me know what I need to type and where?

But looking at the Resource Monitor shown on the NAS, the CPU usage varies between 89-98% during the DL.
RAM is also over 80%.

Since you were asking about those kind of values it sounds to me that the NAS (with the current CPU..arm5) might be the bottleneck for this "limited" DL speed. So the better the CPU the higher the DL speed?

Or are there other factors?

Thanks in advance.