[Feature Request] SendMail on new RSS Item?

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
douche

[Feature Request] SendMail on new RSS Item?

Post by douche » 01 May 2018, 16:30

Hi hugbug!

Curious if it would be possible to add a feature to the email notifications, to send an email when there's a new item in a particular RSS feed (or all feeds would be 'ok' I guess).

I have a couple feeds that serve rather large content, but as they don't announce what's coming out, it's impossible to filter to the specific releases - so I have the feed set to PauseNzb YES

it would be incredibly handy to receive an email notification when there's a new item in a feed, that way I know to go get something before corruption begins

Figured since there was an email feature in NZBGet already, I'd see if it could be expanded!

Thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [Feature Request] SendMail on new RSS Item?

Post by hugbug » 01 May 2018, 19:13

With "new item in a feed" you mean "new nzb added to queue"? For the latter there are events for which you can write queue-script.

douche

Post by douche » 01 May 2018, 20:02

hugbug wrote:
01 May 2018, 19:13
With "new item in a feed" you mean "new nzb added to queue"? For the latter there are events for which you can write queue-script.
exactly that.
somehow I knew a script was going to be the solution, python might as well be swahili for me though

thanks anyways

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 01 May 2018, 22:02

From description of [PP-Script / Queue-Script] Notifications (All In One):
Can act as a Queue-Script and notify you when something was just added to the queue.
Try it and if it doesn't work ask in the linked thread. The script author is very responsive.

douche

Post by douche » 03 May 2018, 04:04

hugbug wrote:
01 May 2018, 22:02
From description of [PP-Script / Queue-Script] Notifications (All In One):
Can act as a Queue-Script and notify you when something was just added to the queue.
Try it and if it doesn't work ask in the linked thread. The script author is very responsive.
thanks, I'll take a look and reach out to the dev