[PP-Script / Queue-Script] Notifications (All In One)

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
grainybazzles

Re: [PP-Script / Queue-Script] Notifications (All In One)

Post by grainybazzles » 12 Feb 2018, 01:18

l2g wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 22:18
I pushed a small fix (apprise is now part of the master branch) for this; you can grab the latest here: (quick link)
Tested and working! Thank YOU for your efforts in making these useful notifications. Really makes things easy!

l2g

Post by l2g » 12 Mar 2018, 02:34

Release v0.9.0 (Direct Download Link) is now in place.
  • Added Discord Notification Support
  • Added Rocket.Chat Notification Support
  • Added Stride Notification Support
  • Added IFTTT Notification Support
  • Added Emby Notification Support
  • The entire notification backend has been completely re-factored to use Apprise
  • Lots of bug-fixes and other improvements.
The release details (and new documentation) can be found at the head of this thread (quick link).

Happy notifying! :)

douche

Post by douche » 03 May 2018, 04:23

Hello,

looking at using your script to setup notifications for new NZBs of a certain category added to the queue from an RSS feed.

Is it enough to have "OnQueue" set to yes? or do I need to call the script anywhere else?
- I currently only use one script, videosort, and it's kind of idiot-proof (yours looks looks similarly idiot-proof, but I'm not your average idiot... haha)

also, is it possible to specify credentials for from (sender) account, not the recipient account?
something like this:
mailtos://recipient@gmail.com&from=sender:password@gmail.com?smtp=gmail.com

I'd like to have all email sent by an actual account, only use credentials for the "sender" account, since my main account password changes regularly (don't want to have to update the script), and gmail's spam filters can be funny sometimes, and using 2 actual accounts to send/receive is the best option.

Also, what is "&name=FooBar" is it the name associated with the "sender" account?

Thank you!

l2g

Post by l2g » 06 May 2018, 12:54

Hi!

If your using gmail, then there is no need to use such a complicated URL. Gmail support works right out of the box (documented here).

If your email address was nzbget@gmail.com, then your URL just needs to look like: mailto://nzbget:password@gmail.com.

Now the password is straight up the password you use to log in. However, if you're like me, you might use 2-step authentication in which case you need to generate a special password (called app-passwords) that will over-ride this (that you an use from applications and webhooks like this one). You can do this from here. Just substitute one of your app-passwords in the URL i already identified above.
looking at using your script to setup notifications for new NZBs of a certain category added to the queue from an RSS feed.

Is it enough to have "OnQueue" set to yes? or do I need to call the script anywhere else?
Hmm.. as it is now, the script was designed to notify you if the download was successful or not. If you set the OnQueue, you'll get a double notification (once when it's queued, and once when it's finished). Perhaps i should make a change to allow you to turn on OnQueue and turn off OnComplete (or something like that?).
also, is it possible to specify credentials for from (sender) account, not the recipient account?
Try mailto://user:password@gmail.com?to=another@address.com.

douche

Post by douche » 07 May 2018, 20:34

l2g wrote:
06 May 2018, 12:54
Hmm.. as it is now, the script was designed to notify you if the download was successful or not. If you set the OnQueue, you'll get a double notification (once when it's queued, and once when it's finished). Perhaps i should make a change to allow you to turn on OnQueue and turn off OnComplete (or something like that?).
If I set OnQueue, and unset OnSuccess/OnFailure/etc, that should only result in a single notification? yes?
l2g wrote:
06 May 2018, 12:54
Try mailto://user:password@gmail.com?to=another@address.com.
ok, so using that format, results in:

Code: Select all

944 - ERROR - Could not initialize mailto://username:password@gmail.com?to=address+nzbget@gmail.com instance.
(the +nzbget in the address is just a filtering thing within gmail at the receiving end)

Thanks again.

l2g

Post by l2g » 08 May 2018, 15:46

If I set OnQueue, and unset OnSuccess/OnFailure/etc, that should only result in a single notification? yes?
Yes you're right!

As per your other comment; the ?to= isn't working for you as I had envisioned it should. I just tested it myself and it failed for me too. :oops:

So with that said, I've created a ticket and will hopefully have a look at it sooner than later. It does make sense to have the ability to send to another email address from the configured one.

For now it looks like emails will just be sent to email account you configure the notification for.

douche

Post by douche » 08 May 2018, 18:58

l2g wrote:
08 May 2018, 15:46
Yes you're right!

As per your other comment; the ?to= isn't working for you as I had envisioned it should. I just tested it myself and it failed for me too. :oops:

So with that said, I've created a ticket and will hopefully have a look at it sooner than later. It does make sense to have the ability to send to another email address from the configured one.

For now it looks like emails will just be sent to email account you configure the notification for.
ok, thanks.

in the meantime, I've set up forwarding on my 'nzbget' email account, so I get them on my main.

l2g

Post by l2g » 31 May 2018, 00:56

Release v0.9.1 (Direct Download Link) is now in place.

The release details (and new documentation) can be found at the head of this thread (quick link) and/or GitHub.

For information on how to construct a URL you can find details here.

@douche: This includes support of the to= directive to get your email working as you had originally preferred (and i originally intended).

Happy notifying! :)

Strayan

Post by Strayan » 27 Jun 2018, 09:48

Hi Chris,

Could you please consider adding local Windows 10 notification support? Is this even possible?

Thanks for your time.

l2g

Post by l2g » 28 Jun 2018, 22:39

Strayan wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 09:48
Could you please consider adding local Windows 10 notification support? Is this even possible?
Sure!

That's a great idea. I'll try to get to experiment more this weekend if i can (no promises). I created a ticket here to constantly remind me anyway! :)