Download more PAR files

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
buggy13

Download more PAR files

Post by buggy13 » 07 Jun 2018, 08:14

Hi,

normally nzbget don't download par files with something like this
.vol000+01
in the name. it only downloads the "first" par2 file. at the moment i change the status of lets say the first three or four par files from paused to queued in case i have to repair the download (this is done on my desktop pc not in the raspberry pi where nzbget is runing). can i do this automatically? so that nzbget downloads 20% of the par files? i don't ned all of them for the most part.

buggy

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Download more PAR files

Post by hugbug » 07 Jun 2018, 08:33

Option ParCheck=manual is probably what you need.

buggy13

Post by buggy13 » 07 Jun 2018, 09:10

what i want is not to disable the parcheck. i want that more par files are downloaded as default. lets say 20% (2 par files when there are 10 par files or 1 when there are 5 par files).

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 07 Jun 2018, 09:22

buggy13 wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 09:10
lets say 20%
There is no such option (you could do that via extension scripts but you need to write it yourself).

The reason why such option doesn't exist is because you don't need it ;)

If you want to repair files on other computer set:

Code: Select all

ParCheck=auto
ParRepair=no
ParQuick=yes
NZBGet will (very quickly) verify files and download as much par2-files as necessary but will not do repair. You can repair on another computer then.

Even better - let NZBGet repair files which can be repaired quickly, let's say in 10 minutes:

Code: Select all

ParCheck=auto
ParRepair=yes
ParQuick=yes
ParTimeLimit=10
Downloads which need long repairs will not be repaired, all necessary par2-files will be downloaded. You can repair on another computer.

You don't need 20% of par2-files. You either: 1) need all of them (ParCheck=manual) when no verification was made and it's not known how bad files are or 2) you need as much as needed for repair (ParCheck=auto/always).