[PP-Script / Queue-Script] Notifications (All In One)

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
l2g

Re: [PP-Script / Queue-Script] Notifications (All In One)

Post by l2g » 01 Jul 2018, 19:36

@Strayan,

i made my first stab at Windows Notificataion support and I have just pushed my changes to the master branch for testing. Since i don't own a Windows PC i can't really test this very well. I'm hoping for some feedback on your side.

Just download the master branch here and put it in your /scripts directory; reload NZBGet and you just need to create the url windows:// and you're good to go (there are no options).

This relies heavy on windows libraries being available. I think pypiwin32 ships/installs with the downloaded version of Python of their website. But to be safe, you may have to do the following to get it all to connect together:

Code: Select all

pip install pypiwin32
Now keep in mind; this only works if it's executed on the PC you want the notifications to appear on. I also don't know how this will behave when ran as a background service/daemon (attached to NZBGet). It'll be interesting to see what happens none the less.

I look forward to your feedback (or anyone else who's reading this for that matter!). :)

douche

Post by douche » 12 Jul 2018, 19:17

l2g wrote:
31 May 2018, 00:56
Release v0.9.1 (Direct Download Link) is now in place.

The release details (and new documentation) can be found at the head of this thread (quick link) and/or GitHub.

For information on how to construct a URL you can find details here.

@douche: This includes support of the to= directive to get your email working as you had originally preferred (and i originally intended).

Happy notifying! :)
Hey thanks,

I finally got back and remembered to check on this.
installed the new script, but am getting the following error:

Notify: could not initialize mailtos://user1:pass@gmail.com?from=user1+alias@gmail.com?to=user2+alias@gmail.com instance.
The old code I used does not work now either, which is:

mailtos://user1:pass@gmail.com?from=user1+alias@gmail.com
same error.

not sure what if anything I'm doing wrong.

l2g

Post by l2g » 15 Jul 2018, 01:25

douche wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 19:17
=

Notify: could not initialize mailtos://user1:pass@gmail.com?from=user1+alias@gmail.com?to=user2+alias@gmail.com instance.

same error.

Try:

mailtos://user1:pass@gmail.com?from=user1%2Balias@gmail.com&to=user2%2Balias@gmail.com
Basically swap the + for %2B.

The second issue you're having (with your longer url) is the question mark (?) acts as a token identifying the start the URL parameters. Then you need to use ampersand (&) in-between each argument you specify (not another question mark).

With respect to your example though, I don't think Google/Gmail will allow you to change your source email address (the from= part). The following might be better for you:

mailtos://user1:pass@gmail.com?to=user2%2Balias@gmail.com

douche

Post by douche » 15 Jul 2018, 04:09

l2g wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 01:25
douche wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 19:17
=

same error.

Try:

mailtos://user1:pass@gmail.com?from=user1%2Balias@gmail.com&to=user2%2Balias@gmail.com
Basically swap the + for %2B.

The second issue you're having (with your longer url) is the question mark (?) acts as a token identifying the start the URL parameters. Then you need to use ampersand (&) in-between each argument you specify (not another question mark).

With respect to your example though, I don't think Google/Gmail will allow you to change your source email address (the from= part). The following might be better for you:

mailtos://user1:pass@gmail.com?to=user2%2Balias@gmail.com
got it, thanks