[PP-Script / Queue-Script] Notifications (All In One)

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
l2g

Re: [PP-Script / Queue-Script] Notifications (All In One)

Post by l2g » 09 Sep 2018, 17:51

Release v0.9.2 (Direct Download Link) is now in place.

The release details (and new documentation) can be found at the head of this thread (quick link) and/or GitHub. There were several bugfixes in this release (nothing major though). The only thing new offered is Microsoft Windows Notifications which generates a popup by your clock in the status bar (for those who wish to use the windows:// url)

For information on how to construct a URL you can find details here.

@douche: I still can't reproduce your issue as all my received emails aren't missing the first letter like your examples. I'll keep poking around; but perhaps just completely erase all traces of your copy of Notify and grab the latest? It may not provide any success; but it's the only advice i can muster up at this time.

Happy notifying! :)

douche

Post by douche » 22 Sep 2018, 05:24

l2g wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 17:51
@douche: I still can't reproduce your issue as all my received emails aren't missing the first letter like your examples. I'll keep poking around; but perhaps just completely erase all traces of your copy of Notify and grab the latest? It may not provide any success; but it's the only advice i can muster up at this time.
Just updated to the new version (a little late, but whatever).

I still get the same issue with the first letter missing from the releases, but again, it only effects jobs that end at the root of a drive, ie: F:\my.file.mkv (10GB) which is reported incorrectly as: y.file.mkv (10GB)
Files that are in directories other than the root of a drive, work, ie: F:\folder\my.file.mkv (10GB) is reported correctly as: my.file.mkv (10GB)

Thanks

douche

Post by douche » 25 Sep 2018, 18:17

Me Again! :lol:

since updating to v0.9.2, I'm sporadically getting this error, and subsequently, no notification email:

NZBGet Console Output:

Code: Select all

INFO    Executing post-process-script Notify.py for *JOB*
INFO    Notify: NZB-File detected: *JOB*.nzb.queued
INFO    Notify: NZBParse - NZB-File parsed 0 meta entries
INFO    Notify: Applying Google Mail Defaults
INFO    Notify:     exit_code = main_function(*args, **kwargs)
INFO    Notify:     notify_type=notify_type,
INFO    Notify:     body_format=body_format)
INFO    Notify:     conversion_map[server.notify_format] = markdown(body)
INFO    Notify:     return md.convert(text)
INFO    Notify:     source = util.text_type(source)
INFO    Collection *JOB* added to history

NZBGet Log:

ERROR	Notify: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify\nzbget\ScriptBase.py", line 3057, in run
ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify.py", line 706, in postprocess_main
ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify.py", line 520, in notify
ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify\apprise\Apprise.py", line 248, in notify
ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify\markdown\__init__.py", line 470, in markdown
ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify\markdown\__init__.py", line 338, in convert
ERROR	Notify: UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x92 in position 3078: ordinal not in range(128). -- Note: Markdown only accepts unicode input!
ERROR	Post-process-script Notify.py for *JOB* failed

l2g

Post by l2g » 26 Sep 2018, 16:47

Well that sucks; I created this ticket in lieu of what you found.

I should be able to reproduce this without any further help from you; but i may PM you (worst case) for more info!

Thank you for reporting this!

Woozy

Post by Woozy » 15 Oct 2018, 01:36

Hello,

I'm a sabnzbd user, running sabnzbd in docker, specifically the LinuxServer variant.

Trying to use this to push Discord notifications, but I can't get it to successfully run. Calling it from the shell via python sabnzbd-notify.py, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/scripts/Notify.py", line 416, in <module>
    from apprise import Apprise
  File "/config/scripts/Notify/apprise/__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
    from .plugins.NotifyBase import NotifyBase
  File "/config/scripts/Notify/apprise/plugins/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
    from .NotifyBoxcar import NotifyBoxcar
  File "/config/scripts/Notify/apprise/plugins/NotifyBoxcar.py", line 20, in <module>
    import requests
  File "/config/scripts/Notify/requests/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
    from urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
  File "/config/scripts/Notify/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 53, in <module>
    import OpenSSL.SSL
  File "/config/scripts/Notify/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import crypto, SSL
  File "/config/scripts/Notify/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 115, in <module>
    if _lib.Cryptography_HAS_SSL_ST:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Cryptography_HAS_SSL_ST'
This looks similar to an error mentioned previously in this thread, which looked like it was a dependency issue that was solved in future commits, however I continue to have this issue.

Fairly confident I am running the latest, with the latest version of the pyOpenSSL dependency too.

Any thoughts? :)

Cheers.

l2g

Post by l2g » 15 Oct 2018, 16:08

Woozy,

Your issue is very similar to this and this.

The problem is that OpenSSL overtime has become VERY uncompatible with some of the libraries its built on. It doesn't do a very good job trying to keep everything backwards compatible.

But once thing you could try is removing the copy i package so that it references the global one you have installed in your docker instance instead:

# Remove the OpenSSL directory packaged with NZB-Notify
rm -rf /config/scripts/Notify/OpenSSL

# restart SABnzbd if it's running and try again

Woozy

Post by Woozy » 15 Oct 2018, 23:02

Hey there,

I had found the first of those two issues, but not the second.

Removing the bundled version of OpenSSL solved the issue for me.

Thanks! Excellent script, excellent support.

Cheers,
-Woozy

douche

Post by douche » 11 Dec 2018, 19:52

still using v0.9.1 since the unicode issue still exists.

However TODAY, I'm now receiving this error:

NZBGet Window:

INFO    Notify: NZB-File detected: *RELEASE TITLE*.nzb.queued
INFO    Notify: NZBParse - NZB-File parsed 0 meta entries
INFO    Notify: Applying Google Mail Defaults
INFO    Notify:     exit_code = main_function(*args, **kwargs)
INFO    Notify:     notify_type=notify_type,
INFO    Notify:     body_format=body_format)
INFO    Notify:     conversion_map[server.notify_format] = markdown(body)
INFO    Notify:     return md.convert(text)
INFO    Notify:     source = util.text_type(source)
NZBGet Log:

Tue Dec 11 11:45:04 2018	ERROR	Notify: Traceback (most recent call last):
Tue Dec 11 11:45:04 2018	ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify\nzbget\ScriptBase.py", line 3057, in run
Tue Dec 11 11:45:04 2018	ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify.py", line 706, in postprocess_main
Tue Dec 11 11:45:04 2018	ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify.py", line 520, in notify
Tue Dec 11 11:45:04 2018	ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify\apprise\Apprise.py", line 248, in notify
Tue Dec 11 11:45:04 2018	ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify\markdown\__init__.py", line 470, in markdown
Tue Dec 11 11:45:04 2018	ERROR	Notify:   File "PATH\TO\NZBGet\scripts\Notify\markdown\__init__.py", line 338, in convert
Tue Dec 11 11:45:04 2018	ERROR	Notify: UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xbd in position 435: ordinal not in range(128). -- Note: Markdown only accepts unicode input!
Tue Dec 11 11:45:04 2018	ERROR	Post-process-script Notify.py for *RELEASE NAME* failed
another seemingly unicode error.

Nothing has been updated and/or changed, same setup as yesterday, and the error just started popping up.

l2g

Post by l2g » 26 Dec 2018, 18:16

I'm so sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I don't use this forum as much as i 'used to'/should any more and didn't see your message from Dec 11th until now.

In the future you should push your issues to github :)

I still have to address this issue you pointed out :(. If you wouldn't mind sharing though; what region are you in (and getting notifications for). I'd like to try to mimic it on my end. It's the special characters that are getting you.

douche

Post by douche » 02 Jan 2019, 21:12

l2g wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 18:16
I'm so sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I don't use this forum as much as i 'used to'/should any more and didn't see your message from Dec 11th until now.

In the future you should push your issues to github :)

I still have to address this issue you pointed out :(. If you wouldn't mind sharing though; what region are you in (and getting notifications for). I'd like to try to mimic it on my end. It's the special characters that are getting you.
I don't come here all that often either, but it is what it is.
For me to push my issues to github, I'd have to get/manage ANOTHER account, haha
You could always subscribe to the this thread for email notifications!

My Windows Server 2016 instance is running English (Canada) region/language settings.
I'll be migrating to 2019 soon-ish, and it'll likely be set to English (US) region/language settings that time around.