Intermediate Files

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
ciscofreak

Intermediate Files

Post by ciscofreak » 10 Nov 2018, 22:24

I'm running NZBget 20.0 on a Ubuntu VM on my Synology NAS. I'm running into an issue where the intermediate files will not automatically be removed. This doesn't happen frequently, but when it does happen, the intermediate folder will fill up and halt all downloads until I manually clear it. I have all intermediate files for the category TV going to an NFS share. Is there a known bug in 20.0 that may be causing this?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Intermediate Files

Post by hugbug » 10 Nov 2018, 22:44

What do you mean with intermediate file? And what do you mean with "folder halt all downloads", how a folder can halt downloads? There are no known bugs.

ciscofreak

Post by ciscofreak » 10 Nov 2018, 22:50

The intermediate folder is the folder that is used to store the downloaded files before it's unpacked, renamed and then sent to it's final destination. When the nzbget_dl folder becomes full, NZBget has no place to store the in-progress downloading files therefor, it haults the downloads.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 11 Nov 2018, 12:57

NZBGet keeps failed downloads in InterDir for KeepHistory days.
If a lot of your downloads fail and your disk is too small you can try reducing the history days.

ciscofreak

Post by ciscofreak » 12 Nov 2018, 05:18

I understand that, but I'm talking about successful downloads in DestDir. Files are downloaded to DestDir completely, unpacked, pieced together and then moved to their final destination, which in my case is /mnt/nfs/TV. Sometimes, not always, files will not be removed automatically from the DestDir. I'm having to go in and manually remove them using rm -rf. If others are automatically being removed, why are some not?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 12 Nov 2018, 06:11

ciscofreak wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 22:50
The intermediate folder is the folder that is used to store the downloaded files before it's unpacked, renamed and then sent to it's final destination.
That's a description of InterDir.

DestDir on the other hand is the final destination of downloads.Why would nzbget remove successfully downloaded files from final destination? Of course it doesn't.

If you move files further then the thing you use to move files fails to cleanup after its work. What is this thing? Postprocessing scripts, other automation tools?

ciscofreak

Post by ciscofreak » 12 Nov 2018, 15:56

I have set the destination under the category TV as /mnt/nfs/TV. I posted the wrong image earlier and I've confused myself and you. Sorry about that, hugbug. Below is what I was trying to portray. The InterDir is setup to use /mnt/nfs/nzbget_dl. The issue I'm seeing is sometimes folders and files are not being deleted after they're unpacked and Sonarr shows them available.

ciscofreak

Post by ciscofreak » 15 Nov 2018, 14:33

Hugbug, did you give up on me? :cry:

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 19 Nov 2018, 16:50

Only failed downloads remain in InterDir and they are automatically deleted after KeepHistory days.

ciscofreak

Post by ciscofreak » 19 Nov 2018, 17:08

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for your assistance.