Can't see downloaded files in history

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
casadb

Can't see downloaded files in history

Post by casadb » 20 Nov 2018, 20:38

I recently upgraded to 20, and since then I've been having weird issues.

Firstly, when a file seems to finish downloading, it just disappears from history. No trace, I can't figure out where it's gone?

Obviously, that's frustrating.

Also, it seems that when my Usenet service runs out, it seems that files continue to try to download and then the Health starts dropping...when I restart them, they remain at the same health level but continue downloading as normal. I'm not sure if this is relatived to the first problem or not.

I don't remember having these issues preciously :(

Any help would be appreciated, I'm getting to the point where I'm now thinking of trying SabNzb.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Can't see downloaded files in history

Post by hugbug » 20 Nov 2018, 21:16

Check option KeepHistory and if date/time is properly set. If you use Sonarr/Radarr they delete records from nzbget history. So check their settings.
casadb wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 20:38
Also, it seems that when my Usenet service runs out, it seems that files continue to try to download and then the Health starts dropping...when I restart them, they remain at the same health level but continue downloading as normal
What do you mean with "Usenet service runs out"? Subscription or block account terminated? If server returns error code "Article not found" the health would go down. If server properly returns "authorization error" nzbget would stop downloading.

casadb

Post by casadb » 21 Nov 2018, 09:46

hugbug wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 21:16
Check option KeepHistory and if date/time is properly set. If you use Sonarr/Radarr they delete records from nzbget history. So check their settings.
casadb wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 20:38
Also, it seems that when my Usenet service runs out, it seems that files continue to try to download and then the Health starts dropping...when I restart them, they remain at the same health level but continue downloading as normal
What do you mean with "Usenet service runs out"? Subscription or block account terminated? If server returns error code "Article not found" the health would go down. If server properly returns "authorization error" nzbget would stop downloading.
Ok, I may have changed settings to "fix" another issue. I've put them back, and see what happens. I had turned off DupeCheck. I don't know what you mean by date and time, do you mean on the server or a configuration setting?

Yeah block account, when it runs out all the unfinished ones seems to think articles are missing and health goes down :(

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 21 Nov 2018, 11:25

I mean date and time on the computer where NZBGet is running. Items are removed from history after KeepHistory days. If the date/time was/is wrong that may affect it.

If DupeCheck is active then items not completely removed (after KeepHistory days) but rather transmit into hidden items which can be displayed via button Hidden on history page. When DupeCheck is off the items is removed completely (after KeepHistory days) and button Hidden isn't available.

By default KeepHistory is set to 30 days and you should see finished items in history regardless of DupeCheck. Unless the items are removed from history by Sonarr/Radarr or via other software (post-processing script for example).

casadb

Post by casadb » 22 Nov 2018, 20:32

Ok, I've been able to download again, however, still have the problem that when my service stops, the articles continue to try to download... They obviously fail and health goes down, then the item gets removed from queue into hidden. Since it's put in hidden, I can't re_download it. I tried changing the setting for Health Check to Pause instead of Park, but it still seems to do the same thing:(

It never used to do that... Where has the problem come from?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 22 Nov 2018, 21:54

If server returns error code "Article not found" the health would go down. If server properly returns "authorization error" nzbget would stop downloading.

So check responses from server, they are printed as details (option DetailTarget).

If you use Sonarr/Radarr they delete records from nzbget history. So check their settings.

casadb

Post by casadb » 26 Oct 2019, 09:27

I'd basically given up on this, but I'm back to it now. Same issue, it seems that when the service I'm using timesout, instead of sending the appropriate message to NZBGet, it's not, and so NZBGet thinks the "articles" are not found and starts reducing the health. This is a problem, as then the download will end up failing...and I'm pretty sure from memory, that it doesn't try to redownload those dropped articles (is there a way to force it to try again?).

So, are there any ways to get around this problem? I don't think it used to happen, it must have been a change in the software about a year ago, and it's still behaving the same way. It probably only happens wiht teh service that I'm using, so no one else has this problem.