KeepHistory and failed NZB's

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
Quaraxkad

KeepHistory and failed NZB's

Post by Quaraxkad » 27 Dec 2018, 00:42

I'm looking for some clarification in how a few settings work, primarily KeepHistory. Please correct me If I'm wrong. If I set KeepHistory to 30 days, then after 30 days any record of a successful NZB is deleted from the History tab. Any record of a failed NZB is deleted from the History tab and any downloaded or partially downloaded files are deleted from disk. What happens if I set KeepHistory to 0? Do successful NZB's never get added to History tab? Are failed NZB's simply deleted immediately and the user is never even notified of a failure?

If I set LogBuffer to 100, is this the total number of each History>All and Messages>All that will be displayed? What happens if I have 1 failed NZB download, and then 100 successful downloads after it, the failed NZB history is wiped (and files deleted)?

I recently had an issue where after my initial setup I downloaded a lot of NZB's, a portion of them failed and were "Parked" to the History tab. By the time I got around to manually checking those failed NZB's to see if I needed to either get a new NZB or fix whatever issue caused the failure, the History of these failures was gone and the partial downloads had been removed from disk entirely. I now had no way of knowing what any of those were. This seems like a major issue, but I didn't see any mention of it in the forums so I figured maybe it's some combination of settings I chose that resulted in this problem.

If my assumptions are correct, I propose an option that sets failed NZB's to be handled *completely* independently of the History so they are always available no matter how long it's been, until user intervention for deletion or manual repair.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: KeepHistory and failed NZB's

Post by hugbug » 27 Dec 2018, 01:09

Quaraxkad wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 00:42
What happens if I set KeepHistory to 0? Do successful NZB's never get added to History tab? Are failed NZB's simply deleted immediately and the user is never even notified of a failure?
This disables the history altogether. You still might be notified if you have a notification script setup.

LogBuffer affects only messages tab.
Quaraxkad wrote:
I recently had an issue where after my initial setup I downloaded a lot of NZB's, a portion of them failed and were "Parked" to the History tab. By the time I got around
If default setting 30 days isn't enough you can increase it. I don't see a need for separate setting for successful and failed items. If you want to keep failed items forever why would you want to erase successful items? Just set the option to a really large value such as 1000 and you'll have enough time to deal with failed items.
Quaraxkad wrote:
I now had no way of knowing what any of those were.
For the purpose of duplicate check even after deletion from history a little bit of info is kept for history items (such as name and status). The items are displayed via button "Hidden" on history tab. If option DupeCheck is disables these data isn't kept.