external storage path issue

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
modbox14

external storage path issue

Post by modbox14 » 06 Jan 2019, 06:06

I'm trying to set my download paths to an external SSD but getting "Could not create directory" error.

Everything works fine with downloads with the near default paths that are local to where NZBGet is installed (although slower than it should be, that's why I'm trying this).

My volume is HFS+ and for reference named, "SSD".
I'm using a QNAP NAS with a couple of Hard Drives that I typically have everything downloading and unpacking to.

Thoughts?
By all means if there's a forum post here I missed that answers this, copy and paste away. :D
custom paths.png

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: external storage path issue

Post by hugbug » 06 Jan 2019, 11:00

The path is probably incorrect.

Path "/ssd" looks suspicious. It should be something like /mnt/ssd or /media/ssd or /Volumes/ssd etc.

Command "df" in terminal maybe helpful to see how drives are mounted.

modbox14

Re: external storage path issue

Post by modbox14 » 07 Jan 2019, 21:39

hugbug wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 11:00
The path is probably incorrect.

Path "/ssd" looks suspicious. It should be something like /mnt/ssd or /media/ssd or /Volumes/ssd etc.

Command "df" in terminal maybe helpful to see how drives are mounted.
Found that my disk is "/share/external/DEV3305_2" - you're right

I was still getting "Could not create directory /ssd/destdir/examplefile" in the logs. Even when I set only the interdir to the ssd it errors out there instead.

Issue was resolved then by doing chmod 777 on the folders in that external ssd. Thanks!

But now it seems that the speeds are terrible. It's USB 3 capable so not too sure what the problem is now. The research continues.