[request] sickbeard_mp4_automator and Videosort together?

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
cary_random

[request] sickbeard_mp4_automator and Videosort together?

Post by cary_random » 06 Mar 2019, 22:17

Forgive me if I'm posting this into the wrong section

Is it possible to have sickbeard_mp4_automator and Videosort to work together? The usecase is I use NZBGet to download a movie, then I would like to have sickbeard_mp4_automator remux the file to m4v (for Apple device playback) and then have Videosort rename the file to a pretty name.

The issue I'm having seems to be that once sickbeard_mp4_automator has remuxed the file, the resultant file name is now different from the original (ie what started as an mkv is now an m4v) and when Videosort is triggered (as the second extension in the NZBGet chain) Videosort still seems to be looking for the original mkv file rather than the newly created m4v file which the previous extension script created.

Is there some way of making them play nicely together?

Thanks for any pointers on this matter

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [request] sickbeard_mp4_automator and Videosort together?

Post by hugbug » 07 Mar 2019, 00:31

VideoSort processes video files in directory, it doesn't care for old names.
Please activate verbose logging in VideoSort and post the log of nzb-file (from history in web interface).

I'm not sure if VideoSort considers m4v-files as video-files, need to check this.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 07 Mar 2019, 00:34

m4v isn't listed in VideoSort option VideoExtensions by default. Have you added it there? You can do that in nzbget web-interface settings.

cary_random

Post by cary_random » 07 Mar 2019, 09:18

Wow thanks for the quick response @hugbug :)

You were totally right - all I needed to do was to add m4v into VideoSort in the web-interface, never even occured to me to look there. Now both extensions work together great.

Thank you so much!