Cancelling hanging downloads

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
awebs

Cancelling hanging downloads

Post by awebs » 14 Apr 2019, 01:43

For the past month or so I've been getting "Cancelling hanging download" with numerous downloads – either happening right at the start of downloading, or sometimes towards the end.

When this happens the log balloons out to GBs, and NZBGet fails to cancel, delete or accept any other changes to the download queue. The only way I have found to fix this is to manually delete the queue folders and start over. Another symptom is that when you attempt to restart via the Menu bar icon, the following error happens:

"Could not establish connection to downloader (background process). Try to restart the program in recovery mode via troubleshooting menu."

NZBGet v20.0 running on macOS, not sure if the News server is part of the issue (Ninja), downloads write to internal SSD and internal HDD.

Any suggestions welcome.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Cancelling hanging downloads

Post by hugbug » 15 Apr 2019, 12:54

Check options on Connection page in settings, in particular ArticleInterval (default 5) and ArticleTimeout (default 30).

awebs

Post by awebs » 16 Apr 2019, 09:45

These are currently set to:

ArticleInterval: 10
ArticleTimeut: 60

I have changed them to the defaults mentioned, will see if that makes a difference. Thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 16 Apr 2019, 10:59

10 and 60 are even better. It was important to check that they were not too small (like 1).
What wonders me are "log balloons out to GBs".

Once this happens again please send me the whole (large) log compressed to nzbget@gmail.com.