Download using command line but write to specific folder

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
nzmike

Download using command line but write to specific folder

Post by nzmike » 25 May 2019, 04:53

I have a C# .Net program that I use to download certain PDFs on a schedule and when I do this I add files to the queue by starting a system process with "nzget.exe -A <item link>". This works perfectly but it puts the files into the folder that is in my NZBGet config (e.g: D:\NZBGet\Completed) but I need them saved to a separate folder so I can post process them in my program.

So is there is a way to specify the output folder on the NZBget.exe command? I did read the command line reference but can't see anything like this. e.g: nzget.exe -A <item link> -output "D:\NZBGet\Completed\PDF"

Or is there some other way I can do this like post processing each download with a script to just move PDFs into the PDF folder?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Download using command line but write to specific folder

Post by hugbug » 25 May 2019, 11:50

nzmike wrote:
25 May 2019, 04:53
I need them saved to a separate folder
Use categories.
nzmike wrote:
So is there is a way to specify the output folder on the NZBget.exe command?
No but you can specify a category.
nzmike wrote:
Or is there some other way I can do this like post processing each download with a script
Of course, plenty of possibilities. See https://nzbget.net/post-processing-scripts.

nzmike

Re: Download using command line but write to specific folder

Post by nzmike » 25 May 2019, 23:38

Thanks for the reply - I have categories turned off in my config as I don't like that option so will look into writing a script to move the file after it's downloaded.