Temporarily disable Email sending

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
CBers

Temporarily disable Email sending

Post by CBers » 10 Jun 2019, 08:28

Hi hugbug.

Long time no speak, partly due to no issues :) - I hope you're well.

I set up NzbGet for a friend of mine at the weekend and enabled the emails script so that he knew if something worked/failed etc.

He complained after a few hours that he was getting 100s of emails due to successful and failures, as he had added quite a few series to the download queue via Sonarr.

I tried disabling the email sending, but it wasn't obvious how to do it immediately.

I un-ticked the Email.py script on the "EXTENSION SCRIPTS" page and restarted NzbGet, but it didn't stop any emails from being sent from the content in the download queue.

The emails did stop after the original queue of downloads had completed and he didn't get any more after he added more downloads.

So my question is, does the Email.py script get called for all downloads that are added before the script is disabled, or should it only get called at the end of a download and only if checked ?

To me, it seems that everything already in the queue has an action to call the script, but if you disable the script, it doesn't take affect on the current queue content, only newly added content.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Temporarily disable Email sending

Post by hugbug » 10 Jun 2019, 08:55

Each nzb has its own list of extension scripts activated for it. Option Extensions defines which scripts are activated by default when a new nzb is added.

In other words: it worked as designed.

CBers

Post by CBers » 10 Jun 2019, 11:21

So as I said, each download (NZB) added to the queue has any script assigned to it, to run on completion and the only way to stop the email script from running, is to disable the script before adding the download?
hugbug wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 08:55
In other words: it worked as designed.
That's fine, as long as I know :D

I assume there's no way of stopping the script(s) from running once downloads have been added, unless you physically move the script(s) from the scripts folder, which will cause an internal error?

Thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 10 Jun 2019, 19:05

Click on a download in queue, then button Postprocess, now you can select scripts.

CBers

Post by CBers » 28 Jun 2019, 08:26

hugbug wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 19:05
Click on a download in queue, then button Postprocess, now you can select scripts.
Apologies for the delay in responding.

Thanks for that.

Would be a pain doing each one in turn if there are 100s of downloads, due to adding an old TV show for example.

Will just need to remember to disable the option before I do something like that in future.

Thanks.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 28 Jun 2019, 08:46

There is a workaround which might work for you.
When category of nzb is changed via webui the assotiated scripts are also changed according to category settings.

This allows: select multiple items, then click on Edit-button. This brings Multi-edit dialog. Change category and save. The scripts are reapplied for that category. Then open the Multi-edit dialog again and select back the correct category. The scrips are set again.

Not perfect, I know.

CBers

Post by CBers » 28 Jun 2019, 09:53

hugbug wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 08:46
There is a workaround which might work for you.
When category of nzb is changed via webui the assotiated scripts are also changed according to category settings.

This allows: select multiple items, then click on Edit-button. This brings Multi-edit dialog. Change category and save. The scripts are reapplied for that category. Then open the Multi-edit dialog again and select back the correct category. The scrips are set again.

Not perfect, I know.
Excellent, thanks hugbug.