[PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [PP-Script] VideoSort - better video sorting

Post by hugbug » 11 Feb 2019, 12:55

Hmm, in test environment it works correctly.

I'll try it with real data. Can you please send me nzb-file for "The.Big.Bang.Theory.S10E06.The.Fetal.Kick.Catalyst.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-BTN" to nzbget@gmail.com?

Rrrr

Post by Rrrr » 11 Feb 2019, 14:20

I sent it by PM

douche

Post by douche » 04 Apr 2019, 20:52

I can provide additional sample NZBs if needed.

Again, or me, this really only seems to be a problem when Videosort processes onto the root of a hard drive.

Lets consider this scenario (Windows 10) (and lets assume we're using the release "Rrrr" mentioned: 'The.Big.Bang.Theory.S10E06.The.Fetal.Kick.Catalyst.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-BTN'):
NZBGet unpacks TV episode to

Code: Select all

D:\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S10E06.The.Fetal.Kick.Catalyst.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-BTN\
Videosort SeriesFormat:

%sn/S%0s/%dn
Videosort destination is blank, but for the category, it's

D:\
Videosort should put the TV episode in

D:\The Big Bang Theory\S10\
Instead, Videosort puts the TV episode in

D:\He Big Bang Theory\S10\
But it's inconsistent, one series will work just fine, and another won't. It's absolutely bizarre.

l2g

Post by l2g » 05 Apr 2019, 23:29

douche wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 20:52

But it's inconsistent, one series will work just fine, and another won't. It's absolutely bizarre.
You seemed to have this problem with other scripts too: source.

Is there something unique about the times you have these issues? Maybe a manual download vs an uploaded nzbfile, etc?

douche

Post by douche » 08 Apr 2019, 22:08

l2g wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 23:29
douche wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 20:52

You seemed to have this problem with other scripts too: source.

Is there something unique about the times you have these issues? Maybe a manual download vs an uploaded nzbfile, etc?
Honestly seems to be completely random. If I'm grabbing an entire series (with all NZBs added at the same time), sometimes season 1 won't work, but season 2 will be fine, etc
It's absolutely bizarre.

douche

Post by douche » 11 May 2019, 04:26

On a different "train of thought" please forgive my ignorance, I'm trying to understand something...

So VideoSort seems to be able to detect obfuscated filenames, which, until this point I've simply combated by using "%dn" (mostly just because it's easiest, and I want to keep the original filenames).

I'm trying to understand the "PreferNZBName" option in this context though.

given this excerpt from the log of an obfuscated release:

Executing post-process-script videosort\VideoSort.py for My.Correctly.Named.Release.From.Indexer
VideoSort: filename: G:\My.Correctly.Named.Release.From.Indexer\yay.mkv
VideoSort: Using NZB-Name
VideoSort: Guessing: My.Correctly.Named.Release.From.Indexer.mkv
in instances like this, I can't figure out how to get it to use the guessed name, or just someway for it to use the NZB-name in the event it's obfuscated.

other issue is when releases contain multiple episodes (which, IIRC,never use obfuscated filenames). the only way to get the correctly name files, is to use "%fn" - but that then wrecks releases like the above log example, where the filename IS obfuscated. If by chance I forget, and VideoSort is set to "%dn", for a multi-episode release, I end up with filenames of: My.Correctly.Named.Release.From.Indexer (1).mkv, My.Correctly.Named.Release.From.Indexer (2).mkv, My.Correctly.Named.Release.From.Indexer (3).mkv, etc - which isn't helpful at all.

I guess I'm just looking for guidance of how to make this setup work better?
As it stands, I have VideoSort ON by default, with "%dn" set, and then if I know a release contains multiple episodes, I'll go to the post-process switches for that item, and turn OFF VideoSort - but I'm guessing there's a better way.

of course, its entirely possible I'm overthinking or just not even thinking about something.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 11 May 2019, 11:53

@douche:
Activate "PreferNZBName" and don't use "%dn" but rather "%t" (with other variables).
Then VideoSort will use nzb-name by default (instead of guessing) names; if there are more than one video file than the names will be guessed instead.

douche

Post by douche » 11 May 2019, 17:49

hugbug wrote:
11 May 2019, 11:53
@douche:
Activate "PreferNZBName" and don't use "%dn" but rather "%t" (with other variables).
Then VideoSort will use nzb-name by default (instead of guessing) names; if there are more than one video file than the names will be guessed instead.
Isn't "%t" only for Movies? and that only leaves the name/title, not the full proper release name (with all the 1080p, web, grouptag, etc)? or are you suggesting I re-create the release name by using all the different variables?
the multi-episode in a single release issue is TV, which "%t" doesn't apply to (I just tested it anyways).

After thinking about it some more after sleeping on it, I guess there's no way to have VideoSort use the Filename (%fn), unless it detects that it's obfuscated (which it seems it can do), in which case, then have VideoSort use the NZB name (%dn)?

Ideally I don't want to lose all the release info from the original filename or NZB name, if obfuscated, (title,year/episode,resolution,type,audio,video,grouptag) - this way I'll always be able to know exactly what release I do have in case a better one comes up.

Thanks.

edit- formatting

EnZioBe

Post by EnZioBe » 13 May 2019, 16:02

Hi,
I installed Videosort v.8 by replacing the previous directory that had version 1.0 with the new one. I didn't make any changes in the Videosort settings in NZBGet. However, unfortunately the sorting of downloads has stopped working and the downloaded files do not move to their respective directory.

I get post-processing failures and errors of the type: "Post-process-script videosort\VideoSort.py for [my downloaded file] failed."
and "VideoSort: Option MoviesDir is missing in configuration file. Please check script settings" [I was not downloading a movie!]

EDIT: I don't know if it's important, but I also installed the Completion extension when I installed v.8 of Videosort.

EDIT 2: So, I found the cause of the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. It was the Completion extension after all. After removing it, based on a few tests I see that Videosort works properly.

BlindFish

Renaming Multiple Seasons from one release / nzb

Post by BlindFish » 09 Jul 2019, 13:07

Hello,

i am frequently downloading releases which combine a whole show with multiple seasons into one release / nzb file.

Example:
Casual.S01.-.S04.Complete.German.1080p.WebHD.x264-AIDA 
On post-processing, Videosort seems to be unable to handle the containing files properly and everything gets messed up. Is there a way to get these releases processed as intended?

Best,
BlindFish