How to restore NZBGet queue? Queue disappeared after disk ran out of space

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
NexEternus

How to restore NZBGet queue? Queue disappeared after disk ran out of space

Post by NexEternus » 11 Aug 2019, 22:34

This malfunction was completely my fault since my small SSD ran out of space and couldn't move data to the bigger HDD. (I have since set min space in the settings), but why did my queue get deleted??

When looking at my NZBGet directory, my nzb folder IS populated with .queued files. This seems to files I have already downloaded and those that were in queue.

How would I go about restoring the files that haven't yet been downloaded from this nzb directory? I have already restarted NZBGet to no avail.

Please help!

fredhen

Re: How to restore NZBGet queue? Queue disappeared after disk ran out of space

Post by fredhen » 11 Aug 2019, 22:47

Restoring the queue should be just ensuring the QueueDir in paths is the same as what it was previously. Unless it was on your SSD and cleared when making space?

You can however rename the .nzb.queued files to .nzb files and add them again which should help.

NexEternus

Post by NexEternus » 11 Aug 2019, 22:51

The QueueDir is still intact and present. Should NZBGet be picking up on it automatically? because it's not. Or do I need to run a bash script to rename all .queued files after a certain mod time?

After renaming them, how would I make NZBGet "rescan" or readd them?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 12 Aug 2019, 12:21

Queue is saved in QueueDir. It is saved using a safe procedure - first the file is saved into a temporary file, then the old file is renamed, then the new file is renamed to correct name, then the old (renamed) file is deleted.

However OS caching may play a role, especially if option FlushQueue isn't enabled in NZBGet.

If the queue is gone it's gone. You can readd nzb-files from NzbDir if you know which files haven't downloaded yet. Via web-interface you can add files with .queued-extension directly, no need to rename them first.

NexEternus

Post by NexEternus » 13 Aug 2019, 06:39

Hmm, I have since re-added all my nzbs, and I now see the queue file, which was missing (or deleted) when my queue disappeared.

I did have FlushQueue enabled in NZBGet, at the time of disappearance.

I ended up renaming them from .nzb.queued > .nzb so NZBGet would automatically pick them up and add them to queue, otherwise it would be a whole hassle (of downloading nzbs from remote server, uploading them back to remote server by adding them via web-interface.)

I'm guessing nothing is expected to work well when the disk has no space left.

You said it uses a safe procedure:

1) Save file into temp file
2) Rename old file
3) Rename new file
4) Delete old file

What happens when there is no space left to save the queue into a new file? I'm guessing the rest of the steps still happen, effectively deleting the old queue without having a new queue, hence the disappearing.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 13 Aug 2019, 08:25

If any step fails the process of saving queue breaks and the program can use the previously saved queue.