Unrar error code: 5

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
jacksongls

Unrar error code: 5

Post by jacksongls » 13 Aug 2019, 14:27

Most, but not all, downloads are failing to unpack and are sending me just "Unrar error code: 5".

Files of various sizes work or fail, so I cannot attribute this error to anything like files under 5GB work and those bigger don't. I have had 1.97GB files work, and have had 1.95GB files fail, for example.

I am running NZBGET 21.1-testing-r2311 on a Raspberry Pi 4 (distro is DietPi v6.25.3).

My Intermediate directory is on a usb drive mounted directly to the Pi (called pidrive1), and my Complete directory is on a network mounted drive (called Shield):

MainDir=/mnt/dietpi_userdata/downloads
DestDir=/mnt/shield/Downloads/Complete
InterDir=/mnt/pidrive1/Intermediate
NzbDir=/mnt/shield/Downloads/Incoming

Here is my log from this morning showing one download/unpack that was successful and a second one that was unsuccessful: https://pastebin.com/5bkEUcwJ

The log says I am running: UNRAR 5.70 freeware

How can I fix this sporadic Unrar error? Do I need to update Unrar somehow?

sanderj

Re: Unrar error code: 5

Post by sanderj » 13 Aug 2019, 14:41

I would say the real error is "Operation not supported" two lines before the error code: 5.

If you google that, (almost) all hits are about CIFS/Samba. And thus not a unrar problem.
So my guess your DestDir "network mounted drive (called Shield)" is a Samba share. Right?

What happens if you point DestDir to your USB drive, and do the downloads?

jacksongls

Post by jacksongls » 13 Aug 2019, 15:40

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Yes I believe Shield is a Samba share as I mount it with the

Code: Select all

mount -t cifs
command. Correct?

NZBget, Sonarr and Radarr are all added to a group I've called "media", and I have given this group control over the Shield drive.

Do I need to also change something in the Samba conf file to fix a permissions issue here? Add the group "media" in there somewhere?

Also, I just tried changing my complete directory to pidrive (usb thumb drive), changed the TV show category to pidrive complete tv folder, and changed the path in Sonarr to pidrive tv folder and I get a whole bunch of new errors, such as:

Could not read from TLS-Socket: Connection closed by remote host

Could not create directory /mnt/pidrive1/Complete/TV/The.Simpsons.S11E15.720p.DD5.1.Widescreen.x265/_unpack: could not create directory /mnt/pidrive1/Complete/TV/The.Simpsons.S11E15.720p.DD5.1.Widescreen.x265:

Unrar error code: 9

Could not delete temporary directory /mnt/pidrive1/Complete/TV/The.Simpsons.S11E15.720p.DD5.1.Widescreen.x265/_unpack:

Unpack for The.Simpsons.S11E15.720p.DD5.1.Widescreen.x265 failed.

sanderj

Post by sanderj » 13 Aug 2019, 18:09

Raspi and CIFS/Samba/NAS shares are the most (user) unfriendly environments for heavy CPU, network & disk traffic tools like nzbget and other NZB-download-tools:
- Raspi: OK with downloading, but slow with unpacking, very slow with repairing
- NAS Shares: difficult with rights, and intermittent & mysterious problems. Hard to analyze and solve.

You're easier off with a PC (even a mini-PC like a NUC): enough CPU power, disk built-in. And after downloading, you can use a script to move the download to your Shield/NAS.

jacksongls

Post by jacksongls » 13 Aug 2019, 18:43

That's too bad. I figured the new Pi 4 (4 GB RAM) model would be able to handle this. The answer feels like it's just a few clicks and commands away from making it work (ie edit samba config file or something), but I guess it's just too far out of reach. Please let me know if anyone has other advice before I turn this thing into a paperweight.

sanderj

Post by sanderj » 13 Aug 2019, 18:51

What you still can do with the Raspi and NZBget: put in a 64GB flash card (they are 12 euro or so) in the Raspi, and download to that. No more NAS difficulties.
You canthen experience the Raspi-download ... which can be OK-ish if you're not in hurry. Do not complain "my high Raspi CPU is very high" ... :D

If that works OK for you, after downloading, you can copy (rsync?) the one, completed download to the NAS share. First by hand a few times ... and if that works, by a (post processing) script. A (rsync) script can handle intermittent failures ... just let the script try again a few times.

jacksongls

Post by jacksongls » 13 Aug 2019, 19:24

Would downloading and unpacking to the 120GB flash drive plugged into the pi be the same thing?

What happens if Radarr downloads a few bluray rips for example, each one 30 or 40GBs, effectively filling up that flash drive before a script can run that transfers files over to the shared network drive to free up space?

sanderj

Post by sanderj » 13 Aug 2019, 19:47

jacksongls wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 19:24
Would downloading and unpacking to the 120GB flash drive plugged into the pi be the same thing?
No, as you showed yourself: you already got permission problems on your pidrive.
jacksongls wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 19:24
What happens if Radarr downloads a few bluray rips for example, each one 30 or 40GBs, effectively filling up that flash drive before a script can run that transfers files over to the shared network drive to free up space?
Downloading 30+GB posts with Raspi? Hmmmm ... I think you first have to do that before thinking about the consequences.

jacksongls

Post by jacksongls » 13 Aug 2019, 20:42

Hm, I have downloaded a 90GB 4k rip perfectly on this pi setup before things started to fall apart. This and other very large files have worked totally fine from this Pi and to a connected network mount. Hasn't been a problem until recently.

sanderj

Post by sanderj » 14 Aug 2019, 05:19

I see you've asked for helped on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... _about_to/

Good. Let's see if that leads to an "Eureka!", and a reliably working setup.