Raspberry Pi - can no longer see shares on NZBGet drive

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
Timewalker2099

Raspberry Pi - can no longer see shares on NZBGet drive

Post by Timewalker2099 » 05 Nov 2019, 14:32

Hey all. My Pi 3 has been running Raspbian for a few months, serving media files to the Kodi boxes in my house without a problem after finally getting samba configured properly. (Before you ask why I didn't use NFS, I already had two external NTFS hard drives and didn't want to buy new drives, reformat them, and then copy everything over a USB 2.0 speeds.)

I was using Sabnzbd to download from usenet, but the version in Raspbian is way outdated and kept failing on multiple downloads, so I decided to take the plunge and change to NZBGet for it's smaller memory footprint.

Everything was fine, for a day. I even got it to run as a service on boot. But this morning, I can no longer see any of the directories I had shared on the same drive as the usenet downloads. I had my Movies and current TV Shows shared on that drive, along with the misc downloads from usenet (audio books, comics, etc.). As of this morning, the only thing I can see on that drive from a network share are the specific folders used by NZBGet. I would think it might be a Samba issue, but I can still see the TV shows and music I have shared on the other hard drive.

Any ideas? Anywhere you can point me to look? Any conf or logs I should share?

Thanks.

Timewalker2099

Re: Raspberry Pi - can no longer see shares on NZBGet drive

Post by Timewalker2099 » 05 Nov 2019, 15:07

Update - it looks like NZBGet created a new directory with the same name as my external hard drive mount point "WDEL10TB" when it started on boot, before the USB drive mounted. So when my USB drive mounted Raspbian named it "WDEL10TB1".
So, I tried adding in the
"RequiresMountsFor=/media/pi/WDEL10TB"
code in the nzbget.service file and deleting the new directory and renaming the old one back to its original name, but
"mv: cannot move 'WDEL10TB1' to 'WDEL10TB': Device or resource busy"

Also, when I try to disable the nzbget.service "sudo service nzbget disable"
I get
"nzbget: unrecognized service"

All I want to do at this point is get my old file structure back. Ugh.

Code: Select all

[Unit]
Description=NZBGet Daemon
Documentation=http://nzbget.net/Documentation
After=network.target
RequiresMountsFor=/media/pi/WDEL10TB

[Service]
*User=pi
*Group=pi
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/share/nzbget/nzbget -c /usr/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf -D
ExecStop=/usr/share/nzbget/nzbget -Q
ExecReload=/usr/share/nzbget/nzbget -O
KillMode=process
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
(FYI, I commented out User and Group after a search showed it working better on a Raspi since it wasn't starting at boot yesterday.)