Getting corrupt files on external drive

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
ProXy

Getting corrupt files on external drive

Post by ProXy » 20 Dec 2019, 17:19

Hello,

I am running NZBGet on a Raspberry Pi 4 with an external 2TB drive (Toshiba). After some days I found some corrupt files, which could not be deleted. All attributes of those files where shown with questionmarks and even listing the content of the directory with those files gave some errors. So I gave fsck a try and all corrupt files got deleted. Today, only two days later, I have some new corrupt files and even directories. Those files are restricted to the NZBGet directories (complete/intermediate/queue). Is there any possibility that NZBGet could be the issue here? I am searching for hours and cannot find a similar issue.

Thanks in advance

sanderj

Re: Getting corrupt files on external drive

Post by sanderj » 20 Dec 2019, 20:26

ProXy

Post by ProXy » 21 Dec 2019, 04:13

Oh, maybe I should have used simpler search terms. That is exactly how the files look like on the drive. Sadly no one seems to know what is causing this. In my case there is no way to repair those files, I can‘t even change attributes of those files or of directories containing those files..

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 26 Dec 2019, 15:12

Many issues on RPi are caused by bad power supply, especially if your HDD are powered via RPi's USB.