Changing download location

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
mrbumpisdead

Changing download location

Post by mrbumpisdead » 24 Apr 2018, 12:45

So I've had NZBGet setup and working fine for a while, but the hard drive where the incomplete and completed downloads is nearly full. So i purchased a new hard drive, and changed 'MainDir', 'DestDir' and 'InterDir' in the settings to the new drive location, and copied across all the contents of the 'MainDir'.

I restarted NZBGet and the queue kept downloading to the original download directory, causing downloads to download, but not being able to unpack due to space limitations on the original disk.

Anyone know how I can correct this problem?

Cheers

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Changing download location

Post by hugbug » 24 Apr 2018, 12:50

Check if you have download paths configured for categories.

Download item which was in the middle of the downloading may continue using the old destination. Does the problem occur for new downloads (which were in queued state after changing paths or added to queue after that)?

barenaked

Post by barenaked » 24 Apr 2018, 14:59

May sound stupid but did you save the settings and restart nzbget after changing the locations? Otherwise the change don't take effect.

mrbumpisdead

Post by mrbumpisdead » 25 Apr 2018, 00:35

hugbug wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 12:50

Download item which was in the middle of the downloading may continue using the old destination. Does the problem occur for new downloads (which were in queued state after changing paths or added to queue after that)?
Ahh yes, download paths were configured in categories. I changed them, saved changes, and restarted and i still have the same issue, for both items in the middle of downloads, and new downloads that are in queued state.

Any ideas?

mrbumpisdead

Post by mrbumpisdead » 27 Apr 2018, 11:10

I deleted all queued items and then redownloaded them from history and they were all added to my new download location.

Cheers

douche

Post by douche » 11 Jan 2021, 22:21

hugbug wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 12:50

hey hugbug, same problem as OP.

Jobs that are in the queued state, which are paused (not even a single byte has downloaded), attempt to download and use directories that were configured at the time the NZB job was added the queue.

This becomes a problem in the event I find a download that will exceed the available space of my intermediate directory.
I change the intermediate directory in the config, save and restart, and if I just start the download again from the queue, it still downloads using the old intermediate directory.

as OP posted above, deleting the items in question, and re-adding them to the queue, it seems to follow the new config.

However, this can't be the correct behaviour, as it makes perfect sense for NZBGet to follow the config as configured, at the time the download job starts, not at the time of adding the NZB job.

Thoughts?