Some bug fixes checked in

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
lumpy2000

Some bug fixes checked in

Post by lumpy2000 » 02 Jan 2006, 23:10

I have committed 3 changes into CVS:

1. fix for preventing double delete on program exit (posted in the patches section -- thanks).

2. prevent "broken" files under adverse network conditions. I believe the only time you should see broken files is when a file part is missing on ALL of your servers. Or if you have a REALLY unreliable network connection.

3. handle files named "foo.nzb" the same as files named "msgid_####_foo.nzb". Apparently newzbin.com is going to be changing to this filename format real soon now.

If you want these changes you will need to get the source from CVS. If you have problems with these changes, please let me know.

If I don't find any problems in my testing, and if people seem happy with the changes, I will roll a 0.2.4 release in a few weeks.

If any of you have access to the newzbin beta site, please let me know if the new filename handling works.

cheers,
kevin

aladrinkelahn

RE: Some bug fixes checked in

Post by aladrinkelahn » 10 Jan 2006, 22:53

Thanks for working on this, Lumpy! I'm using nzbget at the moment, but when it's done, I'll get the CVS and check out the latest version.

Has anyone thought about auto-par2 support?

khermansen

Post by khermansen » 10 Jan 2006, 22:59

Ninan currently has auto-par2 and auto-unrar support. If you don't want to switch over to Ninan, take a look at the Ninan source and see if you can meld it for nzbget. I used to rely on nzbget, but Ninan has been more useful for me...

http://ninan.sourceforge.net/
--
Kristian Hermansen

aladrinkelahn

Post by aladrinkelahn » 10 Jan 2006, 23:57

Oh wow, thanks for the tip. I -really- like nzbget, but I'm going to have to consider Ninan.

aladrinkelahn

Post by aladrinkelahn » 10 Jan 2006, 23:59

Ouch, that was quick. It's written in java, so I think I'll pass on Ninan. Thanks anyhow!

lumpy2000

Post by lumpy2000 » 11 Jan 2006, 01:09

I would like to integrate par2 and rar support. There is another project, nget, that has these and is also written in C++, so I was hoping to re-use some parts from that. It is mostly a matter of having spare time and motivation at the same time.

I have been thinking that before I add par2 support I would like to add a feature that would allow pausing of individual files, so that par2 files could be paused and only downloaded when necessary. Unfortunately this is a major change to the thread model of nzbget, which will be a lot of work.

I may decide to add par2 support first, since I think more people would want it.

cheers,
kevin

vinnaaah

Post by vinnaaah » 11 Jan 2006, 07:39

Also check out

http://sf.net/projects/sabnzbd/

Works better for me then Java. While Java is an excellent enterprise development language, a interpreted scripting language like Python works better for me at my (low-end) linux-server. And it has no irritating bugs which ninan does (e.g. ninan downloads en par2repairs/unrars in the same thread.. so you must wait for a par2 repair to complete before the downloads kick in again)

Also features unrar, par2repair, webinterface, only-download-pars-you-need, scheduling.. only o mailmessages and stuff, but I didn't use that anyways.

Again, no offence to the project admin(s) :)

khermansen

Post by khermansen » 11 Jan 2006, 07:53

I totally agree with you that it is sub-standard and java is very slow. Usually I just let stuff download overnight, so the time saved by not having to manually babysit par2/rar stuff really was the reason for the switch from nzbget, even if the java crap is really slow. I agree that the Ninan coding is a bit shoddy :-) YMMV. Good luck to you guys in the future and keep hackin...
--
Kristian Hermansen

nibor2005

Post by nibor2005 » 11 Jan 2006, 08:50

Anyone working on new features for the client part ?

Is this patch already applied https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=632378

or any plans to do so ?

I personal would like to be able to change the queue with the client part. So the protocol should be extended.

nibor2005

Post by nibor2005 » 11 Jan 2006, 08:52

somehow the link is broken.

I was refering to patch #1350483.