XMLRPC support?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
nobody

XMLRPC support?

Post by nobody » 23 Jan 2008, 11:57

Hello there,

nzbget seems pretty cool. I changed from Hellanzb because it took too much CPU.

Only suggestion I can come up with is XMLRPC support, so we could use a web interface. I hate to open Putty every time I want to check if my nzb's have downloaded.

Also, can we change the time how often nzbget checks the queue directory for new NZB's?

hugbug

RE: XMLRPC support?

Post by hugbug » 23 Jan 2008, 12:47

Hi,

1. You do not need to use putty to check server status. There is a windows version of nzbget, which can be used for that puprose. Create shortcut on desktop for command "c:pathnzbget.exe -outputmode=curses -C".

I'm using additionaly console2-program (console.sf.net). It makes window looking better (http://sourceforge.net/project/screensh ... ssid=73978) and allows to change window's width without annoying horizontal scrollbar.

2. XMLRPC does not mean web-interface automatically. Someone need to write web-interface. It is already possible right now by using nzbget communication protocol (this is what ArielUba works on in his nzbgui-application). However I agree that XMLRPC could make writing of interfaces easier. But I do not know anyone wanting to write web-interface for nzbget.
May be in one of the next versions nzbget will have XMLRPC or even built-in web-interface.

3. What is wrong with check interval? Currently the program checks the folder each 5 seconds and additionally requires, that the file was modified at least 60 seconds ago. It is needed to prevent loading of files, which could be writing right now. Do you want to be able to adjust both intervals?

Best Regards,
hugbug.

nobody

Post by nobody » 23 Jan 2008, 13:56

That 60 seconds could be adjustable, I always FTP the NZB files to my server, and afterwards move them to the current directory, so that the whole file is there at the same time :)

i'll try the Windows version.

hugbug

Post by hugbug » 24 Jan 2008, 08:14

I've added new options "NzbDirInterval" and "NzbDirFileAge".
You can get the new version from svn or wait until version 0.3.1 is released, should be next week.

nobody

Post by nobody » 25 Jan 2008, 17:38

Thanks.

hugbug

Post by hugbug » 08 Feb 2008, 22:22

From now on NZBGet supports XML-RPC.

Since the version 0.3.2 was not released yet, you need the latest revision from svn-repository.

The description of XML-RPC commands (for developers) is available here - http://nzbget.sourceforge.net/xmlrpc.html .

Want web-interface to NZBGet? Look here - NZBGetWeb (http://sourceforge.net/projects/nzbgetweb). As I said you need the latest revision of NZBGet from svn-repository to get it work.

Appreciate any feedback.

nobody

Post by nobody » 09 Feb 2008, 06:06

NZBGetWeb is great. Would it be possible to toggle a list view, with move/delete functions for the contents, of each nzb? Sometimes nzbs have files I don't want and sometimes they're out of order and I want to extract the first few files to make sure I want the rest. Some sort of functionality check might be nice, it took me a while to figure out that I needed to install php-xml and php-xmlrpc, I was getting a blank page and no errors in the logs. I'm hooked, thanks again.

hugbug

Post by hugbug » 09 Feb 2008, 23:15

>Would it be possible to toggle a list view, with move/delete
>functions for the contents, of each nzb?

A switchable file-view mode (for all files, like in ncurses-outputmode) would be not very hard to implement, I'll do it later.

However what I would prefer were the [+]-button near each nzb, which would expand a list of files. From NZBGet-side it is already possible, the required method "listfiles" exists. But on PHP/Web-side it means a lot of JavaScript-work. May be someone with good skills in web-development could make a better frontend on the basis of NZBGetWeb someday.

>I needed to install php-xml and php-xmlrpc

I develop on windows and the only things I needed was to install apache 2.2 and php for windows. On my linux-router with optware-repository it was also enough to install the package "php". There were no need for any additional packages or settings to change.

Which OS are you using? Probably normal desktop linux :) I did not know that any other packages were needed for it. I just checked the debian repository and it does not have packages "php-xml". Is it the exact name?

As for "php-xmlrpc" it is very strange that you needed that packages. NZBGetWeb has a unit with "XMLRPC for PHP" in lib-directory and should not require external packages for XMLRPC.

Could you please check again if the package "php-xmlrpc" is really neccessary? I'll add info to README.

nobody

Post by nobody » 10 Feb 2008, 22:49

The only message I was able to generate/find was in the server (Mandriva 2007) logs after trying to access http:...nzbgetweb/status.php. While php-xmlwriter, php-xmlreader and php-simplexml were installed, the error mentioned xml.so. Since I didn't know what else might be missing, installing php-xml (-ver.arch.rpm, provides xml.so) and php-xmlrpc seemed logical. It sounds like I didn't need to install php-xmlrpc.

An editable file-view mode would be fine with me.

hugbug

Post by hugbug » 11 Feb 2008, 08:18

Thanks for info. I'll add a hint about package "php-xml" to README.