PVR for NZBGet (Sickbeard Alternative)

Share your apps, plugins, etc.
showdypi

PVR for NZBGet (Sickbeard Alternative)

Post by showdypi » 31 Oct 2013, 13:08

Hello,
Sorry if this type of thing isn't allowed, I don't see a third party applicaiton board.

I have been using NZBget for a long while and think its great :D However, as I use it on very low powered hardware I have never been able to use the likes of Sickbeard or Episode Butler. So, I have written a small, Perl script that does (almost) everything Sickbeard does. The script is a command line, menu driven application. You can search for shows and add them. The script then connects to the internet and collects show/episode info. You then further configure it for the shows you have seen, set it to run on a schedule and it will keep your shows up to date, sending the NZBs to NZBGet - almost exactly like Sickbeard does.

Don't get me wrong, if you're hardware can manage it, Sickbeard is a better app. My problem is that my box (Raspberry Pi etc) doesn't run it too smoothly.

Anyway, I have it up here -> https://github.com/showdypi/Showdy-PI and would really appreiciate any feedback etc.

yeehaa

Re: PVR for NZBGet (Sickbeard Alternative)

Post by yeehaa » 02 Nov 2013, 00:32

first of all let me say thanks! i havent tried this but I like an alternate option to sickbeard

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: PVR for NZBGet (Sickbeard Alternative)

Post by hugbug » 11 Nov 2013, 10:01

Thanks for sharing. I'll move the topic to new subforum "Third-party addons".