[PP-Script] Subliminal - Subtitles, faster than your thought

Share your scripts or request scripts with specific features.
Forum rules
Please keep the forum clean - one topic per script. Questions not related to a specific script should be posted in Support forum.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

[PP-Script] Subliminal - Subtitles, faster than your thought

Post by hugbug » 26 Apr 2013, 21:09

If download contains video files, this script searches subtitles on various web-sites and downloads them into destination directory. You can specify the language or multiple languages.

This post-processing script is a wrapper for Subliminal, a python library, written by Antoine Bertin (Diaoul Ael). All credit goes to the original author.

The library and the script are written in Python and work on all platforms supporting Python including Linux, Mac, Windows.

Subliminal uses video hashes and the powerful guessit library that extracts informations from filenames or filepaths to ensure you have the best subtitles. It also relies on enzyme to detect embedded subtitles and avoid duplicates.

Multiple subtitles services are available:
  • Addic7ed
  • BierDopje
  • OpenSubtitles
  • SubsWiki
  • Subtitulos
  • TheSubDB
  • TvSubtitles
Info about Subliminal:
Author: Antoine Bertin (diaoulael@gmail.com).
Web-site: http://subliminal.readthedocs.org.
Source code: http://github.com/Diaoul/subliminal.
License: GPLv3 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html).
Version: 0.6.3 (release date: 2013-01-17).

Info about pp-script:
Author: Andrey Prygunkov (nzbget@gmail.com).
PP-Script Version: 0.6.3-1.

Download
Download link

Installation
  1. Download from the link above;
  2. Unpack into pp-scripts directory. Your pp-scripts directory now should have folder "subliminal" with subfolders "lib" and "subliminal" and other files;
  3. That's it.
NOTE: To download subtitles from site BierDopje package "python-lxml" must be installed. I haven't tried this yet and therefore can't give you more detailed advices but I'll try this later and write back.

UPDATE Aug 2014:
A newer version of this script is developed by i2g and discussed in this topic.

Garret

Re: [PP-Script] Subliminal - Subtitles, faster than your tho

Post by Garret » 17 Oct 2013, 10:06

I am using NZBget v11 with Subliminal as ppscript to download english subtitles. I tried it several times, for instance with movies and TV shows (Modern Family 5x01 aired some weeks ago). Everytime it downloads the wrong subtitle. For example, for Modern Family it downloaded 4x01 subtitles from opensubtitles, even though I checked there is the correct version on that website.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this issue?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 19 Oct 2013, 19:34

Please activate option Debug in Subliminal pp-script and then post post-processing output. You can use pp-script Logger to save the log into a file or just copy relevant lines from global log.

Garret

Post by Garret » 19 Oct 2013, 20:43

hugbug wrote:Please activate option Debug in Subliminal pp-script and then post post-processing output. You can use pp-script Logger to save the log into a file or just copy relevant lines from global log.
I cannot test anymore because I am away from where my raspberry pi with nzbget is located. But in the meanwhile I got a reply from the developer of subliminal and he confirmed that very soon ad complete new version of subliminal will be out, therefore I decided to wait and then see if I still continue to have the issue. If the problem will continue I will post the debug.

Thanks for the support in every case.

bowi1612

Post by bowi1612 » 05 Nov 2013, 18:36

hugbug wrote:Please activate option Debug in Subliminal pp-script and then post post-processing output. You can use pp-script Logger to save the log into a file or just copy relevant lines from global log.
I have the same problem as Garret. Subliminal is downloading the wrong subtitles. Today I downloaded How I met your mother S09E08 and it downloaded the wrong subtitles (It did it with more, but I only have the log for this one).
Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/igu6cBxg

I hope you will be able to find out what's causing the problem.

Thanks in advance.

indomiti

Post by indomiti » 08 Nov 2013, 08:46

New versions of Subliminal have been released, maybe an upgrade to 0.7.1 would fix these problems?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 08 Nov 2013, 08:58

Thanks for the info. I'll try to upgrade but this line from changelog scares:
WARNING: Complete rewrite of subliminal with backward incompatible changes

Garret

Post by Garret » 26 Nov 2013, 10:38

hugbug wrote:Thanks for the info. I'll try to upgrade but this line from changelog scares:
WARNING: Complete rewrite of subliminal with backward incompatible changes
Any news for an updated script?

Thanks in advance for your work.

deoneR

Post by deoneR » 08 Dec 2013, 14:06

would also love to see an update!