Verification/Repair is blocking unrar

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
swtor

Verification/Repair is blocking unrar

Post by swtor » 11 Jul 2014, 02:51

Hello

i am runnning nzbget on my nas, which means rather long verification and repair times (up to several hours on big nzbs). The problem with that is, that it blocks unrar of completed and healthy downloads down the list, which is the annoying part.

Wouldn't it be possible to unrar parallel to repair. That would save me a lot of trouble and wait times. May not be optimal for Desktop/Server Systems with a good cpu, but on lower end Systems and/or NASes (whats the plural of nas?), where the cpu is the bottleneck, it would be beneficial.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Verification/Repair is blocking unrar

Post by hugbug » 11 Jul 2014, 07:22

Parallel unrar and par-repair would make the things even worse.
Anyway post-processor works one item at time and such a change is not easy to achieve.
Look at option ParTimeLimit.
And you should also disable downloading during post-processing to increase repair speed. See options ParPauseQueue, UnpackPauseQueue, PostPauseQueue.

swtor

Post by swtor » 11 Jul 2014, 12:34

Thanks for your response, but i have to disagree, it does not make things worse.
i regularly unpack things manually on the nas while something is verifying/repairing. The Impact is minimal. Wether repair takes 40 minutes or 41 minutes due to my unpacking, does not really matter.
I tried disable download via post-processing, no change in repair/verification time at all, since i have a dualcore nas and repair/verification only takes one core.
ParTimeLimit is not an option for me, since i want the stuff repaired.
I just want the healthy stuff unpacked and ready to go and not have to wait for some repair.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 11 Jul 2014, 13:29

I'll see if I can change the way how post-processor works to allow parallel jobs.
This however may take some time (weeks or even months).

swtor

Post by swtor » 11 Jul 2014, 13:33

Thank you, very much appreciated!

Allowing parallel jobs would also speed up repair/verification on multicore NAS systems, if there are multiple nzbs to repair.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 18 Sep 2014, 19:24

swtor wrote:I tried disable download via post-processing, no change in repair/verification time at all, since i have a dualcore nas and repair/verification only takes one core.
Now when NZBGet has the fast verification and the multithreading par-repair on all platforms the parallel unpack isn't that important anymore, right?

king80

Post by king80 » 29 Oct 2014, 06:25

hugbug wrote:
swtor wrote:I tried disable download via post-processing, no change in repair/verification time at all, since i have a dualcore nas and repair/verification only takes one core.
Now when NZBGet has the fast verification and the multithreading par-repair on all platforms the parallel unpack isn't that important anymore, right?
does the test version 14 r 1126 have that? i can download it from synocommuinty and test the time for you

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 29 Oct 2014, 08:29

king80 wrote:does the test version 14 r 1126 have that?
Yes, however there were many fixes between r1126 and current r1150.