[deleted]

Share your apps, plugins, etc.
Enesce

[deleted]

Post by Enesce » 10 Oct 2014, 10:42

-
Last edited by Enesce on 26 Nov 2021, 04:17, edited 10 times in total.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [Firefox] nzbFox - Control & Monitor NZBGet from Firefox

Post by hugbug » 10 Oct 2014, 10:47

That's nice. I'll give it a try today evening when I'm back at home.
Thanks for coding it and sharing!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 10 Oct 2014, 21:18

Works fine for me.

Enesce

Post by Enesce » 11 Oct 2014, 03:31

renton

Post by renton » 13 Oct 2014, 11:19

After switching from sab, I've been looking for something like this for FF. Great work, really appreciate the effort!

Can you add an animation to the icon when NG is downloading?

minimeh

Post by minimeh » 14 Oct 2014, 00:28

Looks interesting, thanks!

I ran into an issue. My NZBget control password was something auto-generated by Lastpass. Turns out, it flummoxed nzbFox. When tested from the options page, it resulted in a 401 error. I changed the password to all letters, and everything was fine. The troublesome password was "uS3U!lD6m#" (no longer in use anywhere).

[Edit]

Now that I've had a chance to look at it, this is sweet!

Enesce

Post by Enesce » 14 Oct 2014, 03:47

renton wrote:Can you add an animation to the icon when NG is downloading?
Thanks for trying out the addon. I have added a notification for active downloads, it will show a progress bar and time estimate next to the nzbFox icon, just like the Firefox download manager shows. It will be in the 1.2.0 update, which is available now :)
Auto-updating does not currently work until Mozilla approves the addon (takes 7 weeks...) so you will need to re-download the addon to get updates for the moment.

@minimeh:
I am aware of that issue, special character such as ! and # cause the problem. It will be fixed in the 1.2.0 update too. Thanks for the feedback

prinz2311

Post by prinz2311 » 14 Oct 2014, 10:05

I think the timeout in the script or something must to way to low for slow devices. I'm running my nzbget on a low-powered PVR. I get the error: "Unable to connect to NzbGet" every 1-2 seconds, it also happens sometimes when sending nzbs to NZBGet. And I think it also queues slow devices to many times, now with process display it slows my download massively down, because NZBGet is using to much resources to answer the Extensions api requests.

There should probably a setting to set how many times to refresh like in the Original WebIf and like there to deactivate auto refresh all together. It's simply to demanding when nzbget runs on a slow device.

Enesce

Post by Enesce » 20 Oct 2014, 15:49

prinz2311 wrote:I think the timeout in the script or something must to way to low for slow devices. I'm running my nzbget on a low-powered PVR. I get the error: "Unable to connect to NzbGet" every 1-2 seconds, it also happens sometimes when sending nzbs to NZBGet. And I think it also queues slow devices to many times, now with process display it slows my download massively down, because NZBGet is using to much resources to answer the Extensions api requests.

There should probably a setting to set how many times to refresh like in the Original WebIf and like there to deactivate auto refresh all together. It's simply to demanding when nzbget runs on a slow device.
Thanks for the feedback - I have made a few changes to the way refreshing works in the next update. In future it will wait for NZBGet to reply (or timeout) to the last API request before starting the timer to send another. This will prevent 'snowballing' as you've described.
There will also be options to set the connection timeout and auto-refresh timer frequency (or disable it).
These changes will be in 1.3.0. I'll make a post in this thread when it's released (should be this week if no issues appear in testing). Hope you'll give nzbFox another try :)

prinz2311

Post by prinz2311 » 21 Oct 2014, 09:54

Yes I will test it again after it's released. But there would be 2 small features that would be missing and I'm currently having with my greasemonkey script:

Per Category Setting:
- Set Priority
- Set Un-/Pause